SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 29-08-12, 02:57 PM   #1
Mako

Default For Sale: Carrera Virtuoso 2012 Limited Edition Road Bike

I'm selling my road bike after a fairly unsuccessful foray into cycling to work. I've since decided that being able to feel my legs is much more appealing.

It's a Carrera Virtuoso 2012 Limited Edition, which was bought new from Halfords for £350 in April this year. It's a large frame (51-52cm); I'm 5'11" and it suits me fine. You can view it on their site here for all the technical detail and some swish 360 degree angles: http://bit.ly/P1sVyl

What makes it limited edition, I honestly don't have a cluedo, but it might make you feel a bit more special for owning it. I'd hazard a guess at the paint job, which is very sleek. Everyone likes sleek things and this is a sleek bike. Sleek doesn't even sound like a word anymore. Is sleek even a thing?

You see now why I don't sell things professionally.

The amber reflectors from the pedals popped out on the bike's maiden voyage and have gone to the big cycle path in the sky (well, actually, they probably ended up in a gutter somewhere, having been violently molested by many, many cars). The pedals are clip-ons, but the tightening straps are absent and most likely accompanying the reflectors. At least they have each other.

Other than that, it's in good shape. Only ever been ridden a couple of times and has only ever surfed the road on the wheels. I did advertise it on Loot, but the ad has died a death, having received multiple offers from people in far away, dark corners of the country, such as Wales, Scotland and Liverpool. Unfortunately, these people suffered from a major failure of geography and mistakenly believed St Albans to be local to them.

I also had one offer from a man in Lagos who wanted all my bank details in exchange for hundreds of thousands of pounds from the bank account of a recently deceased prince. Sadly, asking him to purchase my bike first did not yield results.

If you'd like pictures, I have pictures. None of them include me, partially because I'm a shy thing and mostly because I would charge extra. It is however identical to the one on the above Halfords page (http://bit.ly/P1sVyl), so unless you have a hobby collecting pictures of bicycles, it wouldn't make a real difference. Of course, if you did have a hobby collecting pictures of bicycles, I can only recommend you purchase a self-help book on getting out of the house more, instead of a nice bike.

Advertised at £240, ONO, collection from St Albans, Herts. David Dickinson could not get you a better deal. Mainly because if he tried, I would probably punch him in the face.
Old 29-08-12, 04:33 PM   #2
Runako

Default Re: For Sale: Carrera Virtuoso 2012 Limited Edition Road Bike

Nice bike man. Keep it though and just go for gentle trundles
Old 29-08-12, 06:28 PM   #3
Dave-the-rave

Default Re: For Sale: Carrera Virtuoso 2012 Limited Edition Road Bike

Nice but...is it loud???