SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-01-05, 11:36 PM   #1
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Default Colour of bike does not match 'Log Book'

Anyone help with how far you can go before the colour of bike is deemed not to match that on the log book.

I've got a blue SV650 which I will be turning into a hack/track bike(GSXR600K2 forks, technoflex shock etc.)

I don't wish to use the standard bodywork as I've got a two wheel junkie single seat tail section and a cut down/modified front fairing to use. The slight problem is they are in Black and don't want to waste money painting them blue. Basically the only blue bit will be the tank and possible the middle section of the front fairing(if I have to)

Also thinking of possible using a baglux tank cover(cos tank has it's got an imprint of Petetong's dangly bits) which unfortunately is black. Yeah I know I could just change the details in the log book but I will still be left with a blue tank

Anyone know what combination of the above I can legally get away with using.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-05, 03:40 AM   #2
Barty_b0y

i had an argument with a traffic cop one day over colours and he backed down eventually admittting everything he pulled me up for was wrong

but in any event i have cammillion coloured cars and i just put main colours down ie flips from and too

ie my celica is RED\BLUE but it looks purple ,gold and an awesome burnt orange aswell

if you dont like this appraoch use

MULTICOLOURED and you wont go far wrong

normally its the base colour of any vehicle not counting every colour
Old 25-01-05, 10:08 AM   #3
21QUEST
Mega Poster

Thanks Barty-boy but will multi coloured really be sufficient or black/blue (bearing in mind the only blue bit will be be just the tank) or just black as there will more of it.

Forty views and only one reply . Anyone else? Is it multi coloured , black/blue or black ?.

Cheers
Ben
Blue, mate, having read a lot of your stuff I'd say 'in your head' is unknown territory for most of us
21QUEST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-05, 10:16 AM   #4
Amanda M

Put muti-coloured so if you end up changing panels at some point for other coloured ones cos they turned up at the time, no one can get funny about that cos it's still multi coloured. Does that make sense?
Old 25-01-05, 03:10 PM   #5
lynw

My 99 mot certificate for the cbaarrgghh says multicoloured...

[sorry as an aside thats REALLY REALLY REALLY scary - its been like that for 6 years?!!!]

The V5 now says black but I think they will take multicoloured - lets face it if it is it is...
Old 25-01-05, 03:22 PM   #6
Iansv

how do you go about changing it ?
Old 25-01-05, 03:28 PM   #7
lynw

use paint? sorry... been at the sugar....

no seriously on the V5 (old style) I have theres a section you can complete to say what colour it is and then send to dvla...

new forms not sure... wil check the sv docs tonight... think it may be the same... you just tell dvla its multicoloured... may be able to phone them now... as long as youre reg'd owner think you can change details once theyve confirmed your id over phone...

if they ask just say tank blue, frame black, wheel rims red, wing mirrors green, tail piece gold, panels yellow... that kind of thing...
Old 25-01-05, 03:34 PM   #8
Amanda M

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
use paint? sorry... been at the sugar....

no seriously on the V5 (old style) I have theres a section you can complete to say what colour it is and then send to dvla...

new forms not sure... wil check the sv docs tonight... think it may be the same... you just tell dvla its multicoloured... may be able to phone them now... as long as youre reg'd owner think you can change details once theyve confirmed your id over phone...

if they ask just say tank blue, frame black, wheel rims red, wing mirrors green, tail piece gold, panels yellow... that kind of thing...
is that your bike's paint scheme? I really want to see this bike!
Old 25-01-05, 03:40 PM   #9
lynw

no... I refused to make it worse than it was.. not that i think it were possible

its black now... but Ive overdone the green overlay so its metallic dark green from some angles... just got to sort the tank out... painting one coat a week now... and the wheel rims... but overall its ratted black...
Old 25-01-05, 03:54 PM   #10
Carsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynw
no... I refused to make it worse than it was.. not that i think it were possible

its black now... but Ive overdone the green overlay so its metallic dark green from some angles... just got to sort the tank out... painting one coat a week now... and the wheel rims... but overall its ratted black...
You mean we can't see the paint underneath anymore?