SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 05-02-09, 07:44 PM   #11
Thingus

Default Re: Good, cheap, reliable, easy runner?

Thanks fizz, can't find anything that cheap on das autotrader, might look on ebay

Saoralba do you mean for my SV or for a lil' 125?
Old 05-02-09, 07:49 PM   #12
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
you want a supermoto...

no seriously, i'm not just saying it because mine's for sale - dead cheap to insure, bung some proper handguards on a small capacity supermoto with some axle bobbins and you have something that's hilarious fun to ride even when it's slippery and that you won't damage by dropping it cause nothing but the bobbins and handguards touch the ground
Have to agree here.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 07:51 PM   #13
Sally

A little 125..

Looking for the same thing tbh, just for the ****ty weather and messing about in fields...
Old 05-02-09, 07:55 PM   #14
plowsie

Okay lets put insurance into perspective like in another thread, I have an SV on insurance already, around £450 fully comp i think...

I've sorted mine out for my commuter/pootling around with the missus on maybe bike, I've valued it at £500 and that it will stay with my SV tucked up and that i won't do that many miles on it. Its £66 for the rest of my term which ends in December And its larger than a 125. And wil likely get me 160-180 miles (maybe more) to £10 Thats saving for ya
Old 05-02-09, 07:57 PM   #15
Thingus

hehehe!!
I'm insured 3rd F&T for 325 quid.
As for a 125, just got a quote on a honda xlr125 for £186.99... or 51 quid and 9 payments of 20 quid... bugger all really. Considering i've paid my insurance off for the SV, that's 20 quid a month for two bikes!

(only passed last friday haha)
Old 05-02-09, 07:58 PM   #16
plowsie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingus View Post
hehehe!!
As for a 125, just got a quote on a honda xlr125 for £186.99... or 51 quid and 9 payments of 20 quid... bugger all really. Considering i've paid my insurance off for the SV, that's 20 quid a month for two bikes!

(only passed last friday haha)
Not worth ****in and moaning about really is it
Old 05-02-09, 07:59 PM   #17
Thingus

Nope not at all.. haha. Just as much fun as the SV i gather, can't complain indeed.
Old 05-02-09, 08:03 PM   #18
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingus View Post
hehehe!!
4 months experience, ins on the DRZ = £110
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-09, 08:06 PM   #19
Sally

1 years no claims, third party only, £360 or something, not too sure actually...
Old 06-02-09, 08:29 AM   #20
Thingus

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
4 months experience, ins on the DRZ = £110
****! well i can't afford a 500 quid machine until i save really. I could buy next month but i need to save i guess