SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

The Madlanders For those based in the East & West Midlands.

Old 05-04-11, 07:10 PM   #1
Specialone

Default Are we gonna have a rideout this year or what???

Weathers looking decent this weekend, anyone up for a bimble ?

This is the last time I'm gonna ask cos I'm getting the feeling you don't wanna come out with me , nobody bothers in our section you lazy buggers
Old 05-04-11, 07:22 PM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: Are we gonna have a rideout this year or what???

Saturday is good for me. I am thinking meet at long itch and do a rideout around the cotswolds area?
Ill be on the GSXR as my Hyper is out of action. Needs to be proper good weather though as my tyres are very very track orientated.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-11, 07:31 PM   #3
Specialone

Yeah I was thinking Saturday, the roads down to bourton should be cleaner now

Wazup with the 'tard btw?

Last edited by Specialone; 05-04-11 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-04-11, 07:34 PM   #4
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Larger fuel tank warped and leaked fuel all over the wheel and tyre. So am awaiting a replacement tank and the wheel is off being repainted and then I gotta get a new set of tyres put on it.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Old 05-04-11, 08:07 PM   #5
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Larger fuel tank warped and leaked fuel all over the wheel and tyre. So am awaiting a replacement tank and the wheel is off being repainted and then I gotta get a new set of tyres put on it.
Oops, that's a bit crap, I assume they are picking up the repair tab?
Old 05-04-11, 08:15 PM   #6
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

The tank manufacturers have been fantastic and are sending me a brand new tank from the USA along with a new fuel pump O-ring. They were absolutely no quibbles, all I did was email them saying I suspected their tank was to blame.

The guy I bought it from in the UK has picked up the tab for repainting the wheel.

I am having to put new tyres on though, more for my piece of mind as the tyre went well funny although it seemed to sort itself out.
Old 05-04-11, 08:24 PM   #7
Specialone

That's a bummer
I bet you hadn't done many miles on them tyres either.

Are they sure that same problem isn't gonna happen on the replacement tank ? Bit of a weird thing to happen to a brand new tank.
Old 05-04-11, 08:31 PM   #8
-Ralph-

I was going to say yes, be he's coming on that monstrosity with the mismatched 70's fairing and the faded orange wheels! I can't be seen riding with him, I'll never be able to go back and face those nice lassies at the Long Itch ever again!

Saturday is good for me, but lets avoid speed camera's because I'll have no bloody idea what speed I'm doing!
Old 05-04-11, 08:34 PM   #9
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
I was going to say yes, be he's coming on that monstrosity with the mismatched 70's fairing and the faded orange wheels! I can't be seen riding with him, I'll never be able to go back and face those nice lassies at the Long Itch ever again!

Saturday is good for me, but lets avoid speed camera's because I'll have no bloody idea what speed I'm doing!
We will let him lead so people won't think were with him lol

Stay behind me Col, you'll be sure to be doing legal speeds
Old 05-04-11, 08:38 PM   #10
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Not many miles on those tyres but I hated them TBH grip was fine in the dry, in anything mildly damp they were rubbish.

It's the only instance where they have had an outright failure where fuel was full on pishing out. They are on their 3rd run of tanks and are assuring me they have got better which each run, they are also sending me a new O-ring which they reckon are much better than ducati standard items, they are also supplying a system where the fuel pump is held on by 6 bolts all the time rather than 3 when you take the cover off.