SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-05-07, 07:11 PM   #1
muzikill
Mega Poster

Default Making your own bike camera setup ala' Gp style!

Sitting down thinking how this could be done ....

Using webcam's
Usb hardrives or some other recording device
Shock / bump protection so the recording doesn't jump

Modify the webcams wiring to plug into the recording device as a fixed camera

making it front/back switchable during rideout's or position switchable if you fancy more than one camera!

Any thoughts?
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-07, 08:16 PM   #2
tigersaw
Mega Poster

Default Re: Making your own bike camera setup ala' Gp style!

Webcams dont output in PAL so a non starter really.
You could use a bullet cam and a Archos hard drive recorder, I have done that sucessfully. However, now that video camcorders are so ridiculously cheap, I'd probably just buy one of them and a roll of duck tape.
tigersaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-07, 11:15 PM   #3
tomjones2

Ram mounts are a good way to mount a single camera to the bar
Old 15-05-07, 08:45 PM   #4
Robw#70

Or just buy a ATC2000 for £100, small, light, comes with fitting kits, uses AA batteries and an SD card
Old 15-05-07, 10:05 PM   #5
Balky001
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robw#70 View Post
Or just buy a ATC2000 for £100, small, light, comes with fitting kits, uses AA batteries and an SD card
Rob, I was looking at the ATC - have you used one? any good?
Old 15-05-07, 10:26 PM   #6
Robw#70

No but i've seen a fair bit of footage and its certainly good enough for on-board stuff
Old 16-05-07, 08:51 AM   #7
Baph

www.dogcamsport.co.uk & have a hunt around on their site.

I'm thinking of getting either their 420 or 480 bullet camera. This comes with all the needed gubbins. They do a kit with a mobibox recorder (also doubles as an FM radio & MP3 player). 512Mb storage built in, and takes up to 4GB SD cards. Powered by Li-Ion battery & camera powered by 8xAA pack (supplied). Sucker mount (for helmet or bike use) and static mount supplied.

Cost? Approx £190 for the 420 kit.
Old 16-05-07, 05:56 PM   #8
John 675

when i worked for jessops i sorted out my DAS instructer for this exact purpose. . . . got a mint DAS reduction I might add.
but the best thing in my opinion for this is get a cheap Mini DV Camcorder With (DV in) you can ger cheap CCD cameras and a spliter, attach them all together and walla! you should get the whole set up for about £250
there is plent of cable too, my mate used to secure the actual camcorder in his backseat

thats one idea anyhow
Old 16-05-07, 06:41 PM   #9
kwak zzr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigersaw View Post
Webcams dont output in PAL so a non starter really.
You could use a bullet cam and a Archos hard drive recorder, I have done that sucessfully. However, now that video camcorders are so ridiculously cheap, I'd probably just buy one of them and a roll of duck tape.
this is what i did, a car sponge, and old jvc 10mm camcorder and a roll of duck tape, the results were very good and you've got 90mins of recording.
Old 17-05-07, 12:53 PM   #10
riktherider

http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gadge...era/index.html probably a similar one to the camera the others have been mentioning. wack it on record, play it when you get home, and do some editing on the comp so you can have some heavy rock playing over the top et viola!!! think i might just have to get one.
pair it with one of these http://www.iwantoneofthose.com/gadge...ear/index.html and you can pretend to be riding your bike in the lounge!! just dont wear them when on the bike!

Last edited by riktherider; 17-05-07 at 12:55 PM.