SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 25-05-10, 03:04 PM   #41
ophic
Mega Poster

Default Re: Dave Preston type rant...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtyLady View Post
Oh believe me it isn't - I truly wish it was
She had to chew through her own wrist to escape from a burning overturned police car...
Old 25-05-10, 03:10 PM   #42
Milky Bar Kid

Did I?? Bloody hell, I must have missed that....

In fairness, it's about the only thing that I haven't done in the past 10 years! I've not been murdered either..obviously..(please don't be tempting fate with a joke...).

Sometimes, infact most of the time, when I post like this on here, it tends to suggest I am really struggling and this is my only sort of, release if you will. It gives me something to focus on and stops me finding other, more self destructive releases...so yeah, some people will moan and groan about it, most don't. I know that most of you guys are actually the best. And Ophic, today you have made me properly smile! So thanks...
Old 25-05-10, 03:10 PM   #43
Sean_C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
It may be a bold statement, it may be true but as I am not willing to share my experiences then who knows! GG and some others on here know what I have been through. Like I said on my original post, I am not naive enough to think my life is the worst or my experiences the worst.

The idea of getting away sounds good. I am tempted to book some time off work and go a tour of the lakes or something, just me and my ipod.
It worked for me. I knew plenty of people where I went so when I could be alone all day if I wanted, then go out with good company every evening.
Old 25-05-10, 03:19 PM   #44
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
She had to chew through her own wrist to escape from a burning overturned police car...
Who me? I wish that was all!
Old 25-05-10, 03:29 PM   #45
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Who me? I wish that was all!
I skipped the part about the eyes melting from the heat, and the near death experience where St Peter said "you've had it easy! we had to live in rolled up newspapers in't middle o' t'road"
Old 25-05-10, 04:12 PM   #46
ArtyLady

Quote:
Originally Posted by ophic View Post
I skipped the part about the eyes melting from the heat, and the near death experience where St Peter said "you've had it easy! we had to live in rolled up newspapers in't middle o' t'road"
And Father used to get up before we went to bed and made us lick t'road clean...
Old 25-05-10, 04:22 PM   #47
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Quote:
And Father used to get up before we went to bed and made us lick t'road clean...
Been waiting for this----
LUXURY

Anyone got the relevant Monty Python link to save posting it all again?
Old 25-05-10, 04:49 PM   #48
Bluefish

I dont think we need to turn this into a my life is/has been worse than yours thread. Go on MBK off on your hols, hope it all works out.
Old 25-05-10, 04:55 PM   #49
Shellywoozle
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milky Bar Kid View Post
It may be a bold statement, it may be true but as I am not willing to share my experiences then who knows! GG and some others on here know what I have been through. Like I said on my original post, I am not naive enough to think my life is the worst or my experiences the worst.

The idea of getting away sounds good. I am tempted to book some time off work and go a tour of the lakes or something, just me and my ipod.
Lakes sound a great idea hun, and you could defo do with a holiday. You should do it and spend some time away from the things that are getting to you right now.

You know I am always here for you and as per norm you can call, text any time of the day/night and I will be there. You are so much like me when I was your age but you have been through a little bit more, but you are an amazing person.

I feel that stuff I have experienced has made me the person I am. A few years (cough) on from you and I am alot stronger than I used to be, and you will come thru it all and be strong too, just can't see it yet.

Lean on your friends and you will get there hun. You are an amazing bird and better than those that are hurting you.

love ya chick xx
Black K4 Pointy named Zuky, OEM belly pan, OEM hugger, OEM cowl, R&G bungs, akrapovic system, tinted double bubble Fabbri screen, tail tidy, scottoiler, alarm, datatagged, lowered seat for short ass rider named Shell.

RIP PC David Rathband sad day 29/2/2012
Shellywoozle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-10, 06:28 PM   #50
Bri w

WOW!

As had been said by others, sh!t happens even in the most ordered existence.

When it reaches a big low find your best friends and spend some quality time relaxing and having fun.

And if you have people who are giving you grief, back away from them.

Currently - Fighting the urge... seen a nice Triumph America

Previously - Honda CB125, Honda CB400-4 & BSA B40, Moto Guzzi 850, Yamaha RD250, Suzuki GT380, Kawasaki Z1B, Kawasaki Z650, Honda VFR, Triumph Street Triple R.
Bri w is offline   Reply With Quote