SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 11-05-10, 10:20 AM   #1
adw

Default heated grips gripe

Anyone know of some where that supplies oxford heated grips for a reasonable price? They all seem to cost around £70. I'm sure they used to cost something like £35-£40. Most other brands seemed to of followed this too.

Why have they become such a rip off?
Old 11-05-10, 10:41 AM   #2
shonadoll

Default Re: heated grips gripe

I noticed this too. Apparently the Dr Bike ones are just Oxford ones rebranded, J&S were selling em on ebay recently for £29.99, I bought some but they didn't fit my triple so hubby put on versys and they are just as good as the oxfords I had on the sv.
Old 11-05-10, 11:05 AM   #3
ozzy

That's what they cost. Bit expensive i know. The Daytona ones are good too, make sure they get wired through the ignition and not directly to the battery, incase they get left on!
Old 11-05-10, 12:55 PM   #4
adw

I'll take a look at the dr bike ones then as i prefer the dial to the buttons. Oxfords are vastly overpriced then by the looks of it. Cheers for the tip.
Old 11-05-10, 01:06 PM   #5
lee67

i bought dr bike £24,99 at j&s....very warm..and no probs in 10,000 miles...and yep there rebranded oxford
Old 11-05-10, 01:15 PM   #6
adw

Cool, i'll get a set
Old 11-05-10, 02:23 PM   #7
gettin2dizzy

Just check the warranty. Oxford (or rebranded oxford) ones WILL go wrong. I had two sets break with minor use, and the shop were not surprised at all to have to make a return.

Oxford have a great warranty and don't ask any questions. If an oxford set were £10 more I'd buy them for that reason.

They tend to be one of those product you just wait until is on sale. £40 is easily doable.
Old 12-05-10, 01:58 PM   #8
adw

Noticed there was a j&s store in bristol. They sell them for 24.99 and since i'm just down the road at uwe it's worth the trip. Result.
Old 12-05-10, 02:48 PM   #9
LK-SV

IMO forget them .... and go the whole hog and get heated gloves .... heated gloves actually keep your hands warm, and are reliable ...... worth the extra ...