SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-01-16, 12:04 PM   #2881
DJ123
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red ones View Post
Car designers yet again.

Simple battery change. Terminals accessible, cables marked and room to work in. Great.

12mm bolt to secure the battery to the car? Needs special tool to reach it.

Once again. Cold morning, middle of nowhere useful and chances of getting the "special tool?"
What special tool?

Did a battery on a friends Zafira no issue with a 12mm socket/spanner. Granted the space is a bit tight but doable.

BMW F800ST
DJ123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-16, 11:15 PM   #2882
Bibio
Mega Poster

the new Star Wars film... ermmm WTF... i sat there thinking NOT AGAIN. they had the chance to do something new but.....
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 07:21 AM   #2883
Kenzie

Yeah, we watched it last night. On the way home we were discussing what bits had been lifted from the previous films.
Kenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 10:41 AM   #2884
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post

A cheap and quick way to use someone elses material, to flog us something we don't want or need, but lureing us in with this seductive tune. The Barclays Bank one with the horses comes to mind.
Shows how well the advertising works as that ad is for LLoyds!

We have the best adverts in the world in the UK, some of the most creative minds work for agencies.

Go to the USA where the ads are generally along the lines of [cut to chubby bloke with tash standing in front of a load of used cars] 'Hi I'm Bob and I own Bob's car lot. Come to Bob's for the best used cars'. Followed by 4 more almost identical ads in quick succession with identikit car salesman called Brad, Bill, Brian, and Ben. They grate pretty quickly.
Old 11-01-16, 09:06 PM   #2885
maviczap
Mega Poster

But these ads grate on me, and if we've got the best minds in the world how come so many of our ads are of a similar theme, which isnt that dissimilar from Bobs car ads? They're all following the same formula?
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-16, 09:14 PM   #2886
maviczap
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
the new Star Wars film... ermmm WTF... i sat there thinking NOT AGAIN. they had the chance to do something new but.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenzie View Post
Yeah, we watched it last night. On the way home we were discussing what bits had been lifted from the previous films.
I tried my best to like it, but i couldn't. It wascok, better than the last ones, but nothing new. My youngest liked it.

You can't appreciate how good the first one was to people of our generation, the opening sequence was like nothing youd ever seen before, so anything else doesnt cut the mustard.
Old 12-01-16, 09:51 AM   #2887
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Neck pain, but not in a normal way. When I'm up and about I'm fine, about 3 hours after going to sleep I'm woken by searing pain in my neck that then gives me a terrible headache. I sit up and it goes, lie down, it comes back. Strong anti-inflammatories both in tablet form and gel nor codeine make a jot of difference. Tried 3 different types of pillow and in the end used all three and have to sleep sitting up. It's been like this for about 10 days. Lack of sleep is not making me a cheery person. So I'm going to the doc today and I bet they say 'take 2 Nurofen'.
Old 12-01-16, 10:04 AM   #2888
Trev B

LPH,try putting a small ice pack on the affected area,an old bloke told me years ago,sometimes cold works better than hot.My wife had terrible back pain the other week,fine when she was stood upright but getting down or up from a chair she was like a robot for 30 minutes and was treating it with Ibropofen gel and anti inflammatories to no avail,went out and got her some Deep freeze spray and was 100% better in a couple of hours,after 3 days it was gone,good luck !!!
Old 12-01-16, 10:32 AM   #2889
maviczap
Mega Poster

Lph go see a physio or similar, it sounds like a musclar problem. Meds will dull the pain, but not cure the problem.

TrevB's treatment is better than meds
Old 12-01-16, 11:26 AM   #2890
timwilky
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Neck pain, but not in a normal way. When I'm up and about I'm fine, about 3 hours after going to sleep I'm woken by searing pain in my neck that then gives me a terrible headache. I sit up and it goes, lie down, it comes back. Strong anti-inflammatories both in tablet form and gel nor codeine make a jot of difference. Tried 3 different types of pillow and in the end used all three and have to sleep sitting up. It's been like this for about 10 days. Lack of sleep is not making me a cheery person. So I'm going to the doc today and I bet they say 'take 2 Nurofen'.

Nice to know the voodoo doll is still working