SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 10-07-18, 12:50 PM   #6011
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Trev View Post
Snap!

Sorry you've not been getting the same weather BoltonSte but those of us who have are fed up of it. Just back from a quick therapy run to the local garden machinery shop (proper kit, not the garbage you get in DIY sheds) and I saw 31 on the external temp in the car at one point. Yuk. Luckily as I was perusing the very nice hedge trimmers the showroom was air conditioned so I took my time. Fatal though as I now have a Stihl long reach battery job which has emptied my wallet somewhat but definitely belongs in the smile thread. Now if it would only cool down a bit I can go out and test it.

Oh we have, or close to and a 2 week fire on the nearby moors (it looks like mist until you remember) and one of the reservoirs is now pretty much empty.

Still just young enough to enjoy it
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-18, 04:38 PM   #6012
garynortheast
Mega Poster

That's a lovely line Seeker. Maybe reflective rather than melancholic...
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 06:34 AM   #6013
shiftin_gear98

I hate hospitals. Currently sat in a waiting room waiting for my wife to get called for her follow up operation. Gonna be a long ****e day today.

Last edited by shiftin_gear98; 17-07-18 at 06:35 AM.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 07:29 AM   #6014
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

Yep, they are depressing places. I've just been referred for genetic testing. As I've mentioned on here, mum has dementia, but it's a rarer type called frontal temporal or Picks disease. Apparently it can be passed down via a combination of specific genes. If you have that combination you will definitely get the dementia. What's more it is usually early onset, from the age of 45. Mum didn't start to show symptoms until her late 60s buy I'm 47.

So I've decided to get tested. Some friends have said I'm brave or stupid. Opinions vary. But I'm no longer in a relationship, I have no children. I'd rather know if I'm going to need full time care. That way I can a) plan for the inevitable b) not worry too much about how my pension is performing and c) start doing my bucket list before the illness makes me swear at people in the street, overeat junk food, stop feeling any empathy for everyone else and start running around naked with no concept of preserving my dignity. All symptoms of this disease.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Old 17-07-18, 07:30 AM   #6015
Littlepeahead
Mega Poster

And before anyone says it, yes I know I already do a lot of those things, but this way I'd have a proper excuse!

Old 17-07-18, 07:37 AM   #6016
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlepeahead View Post
Yep, they are depressing places. I've just been referred for genetic testing. As I've mentioned on here, mum has dementia, but it's a rarer type called frontal temporal or Picks disease. Apparently it can be passed down via a combination of specific genes. If you have that combination you will definitely get the dementia. What's more it is usually early onset, from the age of 45. Mum didn't start to show symptoms until her late 60s buy I'm 47.

So I've decided to get tested. Some friends have said I'm brave or stupid. Opinions vary. But I'm no longer in a relationship, I have no children. I'd rather know if I'm going to need full time care. That way I can a) plan for the inevitable b) not worry too much about how my pension is performing and c) start doing my bucket list before the illness makes me swear at people in the street, overeat junk food, stop feeling any empathy for everyone else and start running around naked with no concept of preserving my dignity. All symptoms of this disease.

Sounds sensible to me. I think you made the right choice.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Old 17-07-18, 08:52 AM   #6017
shiftin_gear98

Lph, fingers crossed for you. Its not appropriate for me to joke about that being a perfect Friday night. But seriously, good luck.

On a plus side if there is one about being operated on. She's first of the day so got wheeled off nearly an hour ago already. I couldn't stand the hospital so a quick jog down the road and I am sat in a park with a coffee and breakfast in the sunshine. I definitely got the better day so far.
shiftin_gear98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 09:47 AM   #6018
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Halfords. I check stock online, it's in stock. I reserve it along with other items. Go to pick them up and they don't have it in stock, so they've put the wrong item in the middle of the other items I ordered and taped them all up so you can't see the wrong item. And shops wonder why people are buying online more.

Off to Amazon I go
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 10:28 AM   #6019
Teejayexc

LPH...just make sure you stay on here long enough to take photos when you decide to run around naked!

Seriously though, think you've made the right decision. Good luck with the tests.
Teejayexc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-18, 10:41 AM   #6020
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Lph good luck with the tests.

Your pension, put it all on red on the roulette

Sent from my PRA-LX1 using Tapatalk

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote