SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-06-09, 09:19 AM   #1
Stig

Default Opera spell checker

Anyone know how to install a dictionary into the aspel spell checker for Opera?

Ta.
Old 19-06-09, 09:20 AM   #2
Sally

Default Re: Opera spell checker

How do I get the spellchecker for a start?
Old 19-06-09, 09:24 AM   #3
Stig

http://aspell.net/
Old 19-06-09, 09:28 AM   #4
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
Looks like if Aspell and the dictionary or dictionaries are installed it will pick them up automagically

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opera Website
On Windows, Linux, and UNIX, Opera supports GNU Aspell. To spell-check with Opera, you need to install both GNU Aspell and at least one Aspell dictionary.
On Mac OS X, Opera uses the system spell checker. There is no need to install additional software.
This tutorial was last updated for Opera version 9.10.
Get GNU Aspell and one or more Aspell dictionaries

Go to GNU Aspell or GNU Aspell for Windows to download the latest version of the software. Aspell dictionaries can be found in the same location.
Step by step

1. Install GNU Aspell.
  2. Install one or more Aspell dictionaries.
  3. Restart Opera.
On startup, Opera should automatically recognize when GNU Aspell and one or more dictionaries are installed on your computer, but without a dictionary, GNU Aspell will not function as a spell checker.
Using the spell checker

With a spell checker installed, the "Check spelling" option will appear in the context menu of all edit fields. When composing e-mail messages, the "Check spelling" button will be visible on the toolbar. To check the spelling of a single word or a portion of your text exclusively, select the text before checking.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 09:38 AM   #5
Stig

I have read all that. There is no dictionaries installed. The Aspell website simply says install it. It does not tell me how in any sort of language I understand. I was rather hoping someone could post an idiots guide. Reading through all the readme info that comes with the program there is a link to click if you want help installing a dictionary. Unfortunately that just links to the page you have copy and pasted the info.
Old 19-06-09, 10:20 AM   #6
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig_Of_The_Dump View Post
I have read all that. There is no dictionaries installed. The Aspell website simply says install it. It does not tell me how in any sort of language I understand. I was rather hoping someone could post an idiots guide. Reading through all the readme info that comes with the program there is a link to click if you want help installing a dictionary. Unfortunately that just links to the page you have copy and pasted the info.
Well, as I am using Opera and dont have Aspell installed let me go see how it goes

Be back in a bit

Oh you doing this on Windows or Linux?

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)

Last edited by SoulKiss; 19-06-09 at 10:23 AM.
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-09, 12:27 PM   #7
Stig

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulKiss View Post
Well, as I am using Opera and dont have Aspell installed let me go see how it goes

Be back in a bit

Oh you doing this on Windows or Linux?
Vista
Old 23-06-09, 08:33 PM   #8
Stig

Bump
Old 23-06-09, 08:39 PM   #9
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

why do you need a spell check on Opera Stig? Nothing i write on the internet needs to be perfectly spelled and letters, emails etc all have their own spell check anyway right? I'm curious. i use opera and never needed to speel chek enythang as you well kno.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-09, 08:42 PM   #10
Stig

Because I am not a very good speller. I need help.