SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 15-05-06, 09:10 AM   #1
Foey

Default Rain X

Has anyone used this on their visor, i keep seeing dealers selling it but when you read the bottle it says do not use on plastics.
Old 15-05-06, 09:41 AM   #2
svrash

Default Re: Rain X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foey
Has anyone used this on their visor, i keep seeing dealers selling it but when you read the bottle it says do not use on plastics.
I use Mr shean furniture polish, does the same thing, just don't wipe it with a finger, but i found it worked so well i didn't need to
Old 15-05-06, 09:43 AM   #3
SVeeedy Gonzales

We use this on machines at work with polycarbonate windows which get spattered with oil and water and it works fine, no problems so far - been using it every week for about 2 years now.
Old 15-05-06, 12:58 PM   #4
jonboy

A hard car wax (Turtle wax etc) is a pretty good solution, but is certainly temporary and needs to be reapplied very regularly.

I've tried Rainex (and it works - and didn't destroy my visor) but thought it incredibly expensive and the fumes quite possibly carcinogenic.

There is no simple permanent solution, and hard wax is the best I've found so far.

Old 15-05-06, 03:18 PM   #5
spudnuts

What rain, it's summer?

spudnuts.
Old 15-05-06, 03:51 PM   #6
JakeRS

I just wash my visor with warm water and a bit of kitchen towel...

and then on the inside a blob of washing up liquid (I recommend Fairy ) works as an anti fog/mist protector...
Old 15-05-06, 06:16 PM   #7
Warren

i got a spray from halfords that i was very impressed with.

having used lots of sprays for anti fog, and rain repellant, none have worked.

this stuff does actually do a great job, its like an anti fog/rain repellant all in one, just spray it both sides of your visor, leave for a min, then wipe off.
Old 15-05-06, 09:25 PM   #8
hoodlum

I use rain X with no adverse effects at all on my visor. It cost me a fiver for an absolute bucket load fromWilkinsons - much much cheaper than the tiny little bottles of stuff for the same price from bike shops.
Old 15-05-06, 09:45 PM   #9
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

I used to use washing up liquid on my old lid before I had a pinlock.Still do when I use a normal visor.Not ideal but works to a certain extent.
Old 15-05-06, 10:44 PM   #10
drumwrecker

Two things I'm never without my V2 spongehttp://www.motorbikestoday.com/featu...s/v2sponge.htm and my V wipe.
I had the V wipe for a while but kept forgetting to use it and when I did I found it brilliant.
The V2 sponge means you can clean your visor anywhere when off the bike. It is kept wet in its bag and come with a towel to wipe the water off.
I'm impressed with both.
It also means not having to put chemicals on your visor which has to be cleaned off sometime.