SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-02-08, 02:42 PM   #1
magicrat

Default E-Bay seller to avoid.

Bdautos.

Occasionally sells s.v stuff. I won a starter motor via auction on 23rd Jan. Paid for it straight away, and haven't heard from him since!!! sent him 4 e-mails about it and no response.

Ok, I didn't lose out much, i won the thing for 99p, and paid £10 postage, but it could have been more. Just thought I'd give you a heads up in case you come accross him on e.bay.
Old 18-02-08, 02:48 PM   #2
Nostrils

Default Re: E-Bay seller to avoid.

Only done ebay once and it all turned out fine with the german seller but have not bought since - I understand that some sellers (or most) really do not like negative feedback, make sure you leave a comment, you might mysteriously receive contact again because of it!
Old 18-02-08, 03:15 PM   #3
sv650k4

aye im pretty much the same ive been on it for about 4 years maby more and i havnt had much bother touch wood!but im sure ther is people who dont get things etc...ther has been a few items i never recived but lucky enuf most of the time i got a refund.
Old 18-02-08, 03:22 PM   #4
plowsie

How much is he?
Old 18-02-08, 05:28 PM   #5
magicrat

To be honest I use E-bay quite a bit, and haven't had any problems for 4 years until now. Oh well. I've left him negative feedback for what its worth.
Old 18-02-08, 06:44 PM   #6
sv650k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by magicrat View Post
To be honest I use E-bay quite a bit, and haven't had any problems for 4 years until now. Oh well. I've left him negative feedback for what its worth.
aye its about the only thing u can do tho have you reported it 2 ebay and paypal yet?
Old 18-02-08, 06:45 PM   #7
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

I've bought loadsa stuff off ebay, and so far so good. However i am waiting for an item at the moment that should have arrived by now. difference is when I emailed them they emailed back saying they work all week, so benefit of doubt I'm waiting a little longer before giving out the negative feedback. I'd lose a fair amount if it turns out to be a crap selller

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12

Last edited by dizzyblonde; 18-02-08 at 06:45 PM. Reason: spelling
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-08, 06:46 PM   #8
sv650k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
I've bought loadsa stuff off ebay, and so far so good. However i am waiting for an item at the moment that should have arrived by now. difference is when I emailed them they emailed back saying they work all week, so benefit of doubt I'm waiting a little longer before giving out the negative feedback. I'd lose a fair amount if it turns out to be a crap selller

aye im the same i have used it for over 4 years and have very very little bad 2 say 2 be honest.
Old 18-02-08, 06:51 PM   #9
Blue_SV650S

lucky you lot ... I'd say I have been stung on ~75% of USED stuff I have got off ebay ...
Old 18-02-08, 06:56 PM   #10
sv650k4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_SV650S View Post
lucky you lot ... I'd say I have been stung on ~75% of USED stuff I have got off ebay ...

i have bought used stuff before that maby i thought was going 2 be better than wot i recived but i am talking about reciveing and not reciveing thats where ive been pretty lucky touch wood lol.