SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 21-02-08, 09:04 AM   #1
Lozzo

Default Another ebayer to avoid

Killerkawasaki

Ordered some polished alloy levers for my SV, he sent chrome. I asked him to refund me and was told I'd have to pay ?3-90 to return them to USA (He claimed in the ebay listing he was in Edinburgh, apparently all his items are shipped from the US), then said he wouldn't refund my original ?3-90 P+P charges either. So, if I sent them back I'd be ?7-80 out of pocket and have no levers - all this for a ?10 item. I decided to keep them as spares, just in case. Took them out to the garage for a trial fit and the clutch lever doesn't fit properly, the thickness of the chrome makes it too tight - out with the Dremel then.

When I buy something on ebay I always try to buy in UK or at furthest the EU because I don't like waiting long for stuff to arrive and returns can be handled quickly. These levers took 8 days to get to me. Wish I'd known they were coming from California not Edinburgh.

I gave him negative feedback and he retaliated by giving the same back, totally unfair and unjustified. Complained about this to ebay and waiting to hear back, but I doubt they'll do anything.
Old 21-02-08, 09:06 AM   #2
Welsh_Wizard

Default Re: Another ebayer to avoid

Ebay stinks in fairness. Only ever go on there when I am desperate to flog some tat. Alot of sellers on there just abuse it now.
Old 21-02-08, 09:45 AM   #3
flymo
Mega Poster

I've had a lot of success with ebay , its not that different than buying from any classified add.

I bought some levers from a guy who had an ebay shop called UKGP Shop. It was listed as based in US although it wasnt obvious when I bought them. Fortunately I was happy with what I got but its definately misleading. I looked at the KillerKawasaki user listing and I agree, he actually states that the item is located in Edinburgh, UK which is clearly wrong.

I still think ebay is pretty safe though if you are sensible, I've bought about three vans, 2 bikes, a caravan etc over the years and had very little trouble. For big value items just dont hand over the cash unless you're happy. If you are daft enough to buy a car or something without looking at it then thats asking for trouble or at least accepting a level of risk which might be fine. If it goes wrong though you can only blame yourself in most cases.

The feedback system is flawed though, ebay are due to change it soon so that sellers cannot feedback on buyers which I think is wrong. I think a better way would be that you both get to leave feedback but you are unable to see the other persons rating of you or comments about you until you have left your own. Removes any capability to retaliate then.

Exact same happened to me about 4 years ago when I bought a DVD from some guy. Said it was genuine but it arrived as a copy so I complained and left negative feedback. He retaliated and said that I didnt pay on time which was BS. Ebay just said, go sort it out legally and let us know how it goes. crap really. His was the only single peice of negative feedback I ever received.

Last edited by flymo_racer; 21-02-08 at 09:49 AM.
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-08, 10:02 AM   #4
Lozzo

I've done 127 successful transactions on ebay so I know how important having good feedback is. I have had a few problems but they've always been sorted quickly and in return I've given very good feedback to the seller, always stating that they sorted a problem and fast - I believe in letting others know that a seller is trustworthy when it comes to sorting problems because they do happen from time to time.

From now on I'll leave neutral feedback in cases like this, with no comments.
Old 21-02-08, 10:11 AM   #5
flymo
Mega Poster

Interesting article about this...http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...onsumeraffairs
flymo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-08, 10:56 AM   #6
blueto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Killerkawasaki

I gave him negative feedback and he retaliated by giving the same back, totally unfair and unjustified. Complained about this to ebay and waiting to hear back, but I doubt they'll do anything.
LOZZO, ebay will tell u this exactley what they told me!

"You have to try to resolve this issue yourself. It is not for ebay to sort out feedback nor can they be held responsable for what people leave unless its for a wrong person"

They are a complete waste of time. I had a similar issue when i paid for a bed, it turned up 2 weeks late and damaged. Although i paid INSTANTLEY!!! the guy still left negative saying bed was damaged in transut not his fault.? How could he leave anything but a ++++ when i paid immediatley?

Ebay have some funny rules that suit them when they want to. You will be very lucky to get it removed unless its form the seller!

Let me know how you get on tho mate as id be intersted to find out

Last edited by blueto; 21-02-08 at 10:59 AM.
Old 21-02-08, 11:05 AM   #7
K

One thing you can ndo is report his listing and get that pulled - he's breaking the rules (as far as I can remember) by falsely stating the origin of the goods. Use his emails to you a proof.
Old 21-02-08, 11:09 AM   #8
Steve_God
Mega Poster

I normally message/email the seller to sort out any issues I have with them first before leaving any feedback whatsoever...
Even to the extent that I waited 2 months once for someone to reply after not receiving the goods after payment, until he finally replied with "So sorry i haven't got back to you, I've been in hospital for the last month following an accident, the bits are in the post today!"
SV650s; K6; Metallic Euclase Silver; Fully Faired; Renegade Twin Exhaust Full System (Stubbied); Full ECU Remap; Fabri Tinted DB Screen; Hamicad Fender Eliminater; Bagster Seat/Suzuki Gel Seat; Fenda Extenda; HEL Braided Brake Hoses; R&G Crash Bungs; GSXR Front-end, Triumph Daytona 675 Front Brake Master Cylinder; RedFox Rear Hugger; BMC F.1 Air Filter; Top Box!
Coastal Tours:Great Britain (for Cancer Research) - 3588.2 miles: Completed July 2007. Ireland - 1466 miles: Completed for July 2008
Steve_God is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-08, 11:13 AM   #9
sv650k4

think ive herd of that guy before (Killerkawasaki).

what was his feedback like?did you check it before you bought/paid for the levers?
Old 21-02-08, 11:47 AM   #10
FG1

So, he is importing goods in to the country from USA, wonder if he is declaring this ??????
You could scare the crap out of him saying you will take it to the small claims court stating that the goods were not fit for purchase and that had you known they were being imported and not actually in the UK you would not have bought them in the first place.
Let him know that you require a full refund including any postage or the matter will be taken further. For the sake of a tenner, it would be in his interest to get this sale out of the way.