SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 08-08-12, 01:30 PM   #1
Owenski

Default Sort of a ride out sort of slow sort of maybe

Some time over the weekend, no specifics as to either Saturday or Sunday and dependant on the weather I'm hoping to take the GSR out to wind on some miles. I'm trying to get to the 600miles service by next Friday (17th) so by my reconning I need to put around 300miles on it this weekend.

Anyway, are any of you lot planning on been out and about, if you are I may tag along. If you're not and would like a text when I plan on disembarking then let me know.

If Im not tagging along with some of you then Im fairly sure the route I'll be taking will be, Mine to Leeds, through Pool towards the Sun Inn at Harrogate, from there off towards burnt yates, heading north west towards patley bridge, then onto grassington kettlewell, deepdale and hawes.
Now I've not route planned this so there could be plenty of getting lost, plenty of failed routes but tbh I'm just out for the adventure so again if you're not too worried about been home any time in particular then you're more than welcome to join me.
I may make random stops to take pics, I may make random stops to take a **** it seriously will be an anything goes sort of day. All I'd suggest is that we all make sure to have everyone's mobile numbers.

Anyway continuing on I'll no doubt head to Layburn and depending on the mood / weather / numbness of backside etc will either head over to Stokesley and Helmsly then down to skim York before finishing at Squires at Sherburn.

That would be the route (near as damn it) I'd be taking, well I'd be setting out to take but god only knows where the day may actually take me if you're interested then let me know.

Last edited by Owenski; 08-08-12 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-08-12, 02:16 PM   #2
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Default Re: Sort of a ride out sort of slow sort of maybe

If I wasn't mountain biking at grizedale in the lakes all weekend mate...

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-12, 03:55 PM   #3
missyburd

Would love to join you but I'm working all weekend and I've a couple of evening trips to Ripon planned already. Sounds like you'll have a blast though, hope the weather stays kind to you!
Old 13-08-12, 09:23 AM   #4
Owenski

Well that was a cracking ride out, great roads and great weather.
The company wasnt too bad either.

Missy you have a PM - some potentially useful info surrounding the ride I took and the ride you're planning.
Old 13-08-12, 03:06 PM   #5
missyburd

Ta for the pm hun, gonna pass the organising of the route to YC so will let him have a read. Some very useful info

Did you take any pics btw?
Old 13-08-12, 03:19 PM   #6
Owenski

Needed to be home by 6.30 so couldn't keep stopping to take pics, we did enough random stopping on the section where we got lost.
Normally I'd take the mick out of Tom for getting us lost during the 2miles of the journey where he lead the way. However I happily lead the both of us a good 6miles off course at one point and only realised when Tom got cramp so we'd pulled over and I took the opportunity to check our location. In my defence though I did gesture at almost every junction that I had no idea which way was correct, by then it was as much an adventure as it was a ride out though, lots of "**** it lets see where this one goes" and "eany meany miney mo" sorts of directional decisions been made. Freakishly though we never went far wrong and ultimatly timed it perfectly as I suspiciously arrived home bang on 6.30.
Old 13-08-12, 03:33 PM   #7
missyburd

Sometimes the best rides are the ones where you follow your nose Tis amazing how well an inbuilt sense of direction can be! Oh wells, will save the pics for our ride then Did you say you could make it?
Old 13-08-12, 03:51 PM   #8
Owenski

Yeah Im yet to check the calender but Im fairly sure the words "charity" will over power the words "rideout"