SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 14-01-09, 07:43 PM   #1
New Leaf

Default Am i too gullable?

I was hanging round outside Kings Cross today passing time waiting for my Train home, when i saw a sort of pretty posh bird looking a bit lost and sad. I asked her if she was lost and she started waffling on about coming in into London for a business meeting and stuff, then she said look i'm just gonna come out and ask you - "I need £6.50 for a train ticket."

Becasue she was quite fit, and female i gave her the money and told her not to bother taking my details to give me it back. Am i a stupid gullable tw&t? I wouldn't have given the money to a scruffy looking bloke so maybe i am. Perhaps i should have tried to get something in return, like her pants or something.

Last edited by New Leaf; 14-01-09 at 08:40 PM.
Old 14-01-09, 07:46 PM   #2
Girth
Mega Poster

Default Re: Am i too gullable?

Tut. It was on TV about this, on "The Real Hustle"

They basically just do the same as what the lovely lady has done to you.
Old 14-01-09, 07:47 PM   #3
CoolGirl

I take it you meant 'gullable' as in pooped on from a great height? (rather than 'gullible')
didn't you stop to think why she hadn't bought a return ticket?

Last edited by CoolGirl; 14-01-09 at 07:50 PM.
Old 14-01-09, 07:49 PM   #4
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

£6.50? You were had mate.Used to be only a fiver at Kings Cross.
Old 14-01-09, 07:52 PM   #5
Nobbylad
Mega Poster

Yes
Nobbylad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-01-09, 07:56 PM   #6
mike_avfc

it's only £6.50 and you won't do it again, everyones out to screw you for cash at the end of the day....
Old 14-01-09, 09:09 PM   #7
Paws

Yes, a couple tried this stunt with me and matt-said that their car had been stolen during a a day vist to London and they needed to get back up north (yorkshire or something) and could we lend them £10???!!! like train ticket to yorkshire would cost £10! also said they had no friends or family they could phone as the mobiles were in the car...hmm ok so why didnt police let you make a call from their phones???
Said we couldnt help and walked off
Old 14-01-09, 11:08 PM   #8
metalmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Leaf View Post
I was hanging round outside Kings Cross today passing time waiting for my Train home, when i saw a sort of pretty posh bird looking a bit lost and sad. I asked her if she was lost and she started waffling on about coming in into London for a business meeting and stuff, then she said look i'm just gonna come out and ask you - "I need £6.50 for a train ticket."

Becasue she was quite fit, and female i gave her the money and told her not to bother taking my details to give me it back. Am i a stupid gullable tw&t? I wouldn't have given the money to a scruffy looking bloke so maybe i am. Perhaps i should have tried to get something in return, like her pants or something.
Its Kings Cross enough said. I suggest she went buy drugs with it.
Old 14-01-09, 11:10 PM   #9
ArtyLady

Yes!
Old 15-01-09, 12:07 AM   #10
missyburd

Oh dear, so it would seem, gullible indeed. However I can't talk. I once was stood in a bus queue with ma ma, and a bloke who got off the bus shouted anyone need a ticket to where I was going for a quid (costs me £6 usually). so I said yes I'll have it, then when he'd gone I realized it was a ticket from the day before Golly I was ashamed! Me ma found it vaguely amusing in that way mothers do Lol, but one thing for sure I won't be making the same mistake again! You live and learn