SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 13-01-18, 10:14 AM   #1
fumbles22

Default Suzuki Gladius - SV650 MK2 - Front suspension

Hello,

I've been riding my Suzuki Gladius for some time now, and i've enjoyed every second!

However, i've always thought that the suspension was a bit mushy. I was thinking of changing the front suspension to that of a GSXR.

A complete front end is usually very expensive, but I found one on ebay that was a bit cheaper.

My problem here is that this is designed for an SV650 MK2, and I have a Suzuki Gladius from 2013.

Does anyone know if it will fit? Do they have the same front suspension assembly?

Thanks in advance.
Old 13-01-18, 01:26 PM   #2
maviczap
Mega Poster

Default Re: Suzuki Gladius - SV650 MK2 - Front suspension

Difficult to answer 100%, as no ones done it

But if the steering stems been changed to an Sv one, then that's one issue out of the way, but if the Galdius one is different, then get the Gladius one pressed in.

If the stem & yokes fit, then everything else bolts into place.

Your other issues will be how to fix the headlamp to the new forks, how to attach the handlebars, as the SRAD one is designed for clip ons

Then the ignition barrel & steering lock placement

Go onto SvRider as there's a few conversions on there, but using later model forks

One nice example here

http://www.svrider.com/forum/showthread.php?t=134555
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-01-18, 02:42 PM   #3
Toooldtodie

A cheaper fix is to replace the springs. I've just had Ohlins linear springs fitted in the standard SV forks and it has transformed them. No more dive, planted in corners and no more "clunk" when riding over bumps. Best £120 I ever spent.
Old 13-01-18, 02:51 PM   #4
fumbles22

Holy cow! That is the best gladius I've ever seen!

Suzuki should really make something similar. Everyone acknowledges that the suspension is lacking, and they would really have the perfect bike if they put decent suspension on.

Quote:
A cheaper fix is to replace the springs. I've just had Ohlins linear springs fitted in the standard SV forks and it has transformed them. No more dive, planted in corners and no more "clunk" when riding over bumps. Best £120 I ever spent.
That is a point. I've got the bike booked in at Steve Jordan Motorcycles in two weeks time. They deal in suspension - so i'll ask them when i'm there.

Did you buy the springs for £120 and fit them yourself, or was it £120 for springs and labour?

EDIT: I also noticed that you're in Chelmsford! I'm on Canvey!
Old 13-01-18, 03:08 PM   #5
Toooldtodie

Gave it to Nigel at Moto Tweeks here in Chelmsford and he whipped them in in about an hour so £40 labour. So £190 in total with sundries and new seals. But I swear it's like I've bought a new bike!
It needed new fork oil anyway and the dust seals were FUBAR.

Greetings from the mainland!

Last edited by Toooldtodie; 13-01-18 at 03:10 PM.
Toooldtodie is offline   Reply With Quote