SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 29-12-06, 03:10 PM   #1
northwind
Mega Poster

Default Cleaning my manky textile jacket

My lovely Belstaff Celsius jacket needs a lick of waterproofing, and I gather you should always do that on a clean jacket. Well, this one's not clean, in fact it's festering after months of daily winter use... I remember when it used to be green! What's the best way to clean it? It's got washing instructions, hand wash at 30 degrees with non-bio soap, but it's too big for my sink Probably have to do it in the bath. Any good cleaning products out there that folks can recommend?
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-06, 03:14 PM   #2
diamond

If you have a delicate/wool wash on your washing machine and are able to turn the temp down to 30 then personaly i'd stick it in the machine with some non bio or some soap flakes or some nik wax wash. Then reproof with the reproofer of your choice, wash in or spray on.
Old 29-12-06, 05:10 PM   #3
tricky

I've washed my HG textile jacket in the washer before, non bio, delicate cycle, NO softer of conditioner.
Came out OK and was still waterproof.

I bought some Nikwax Tech Wash for next time it needs doing.

I also have a RST Pro jacket which I wear when the weather is really filthy, which seems to be made of crud repellent fabric. I went out yesterday in it, when I got home, bike looked like I'd been motocrossing, boots and keks ****ty as you like, jacket was spotless !

I've had it two years now and it still looks brand new !
Old 29-12-06, 05:37 PM   #4
jim@55

if its too big for the machine ,get it in the bath and use some baby shampoo ,hang up to dry and spray the re-proofer,jobs a good'un
Old 29-12-06, 05:45 PM   #5
hall13uk

tech wash in your machine drawer @ 30 c on a very delicate cycle NO OTHER CLEANING AGENTS !!!

then while the jacket is still wet spray on TX direct & then allow to drip dry & the TX direct will soak in & add water replanecy sp
Old 29-12-06, 08:28 PM   #6
mac99

We had this recently: other thread.

I reckon the wash-in tx-direct does a more thorough job than the spray on stuff, but it does mean it costs you 6 quid or so to wash & re-proof your jacket.
Old 29-12-06, 09:39 PM   #7
Paws

Quote:
Originally Posted by hall13uk
tech wash in your machine drawer @ 30 c on a very delicate cycle NO OTHER CLEANING AGENTS !!!

then while the jacket is still wet spray on TX direct & then allow to drip dry & the TX direct will soak in & add water replanecy sp
and you can buy it from any hein gericke store (pref hg northampton as the staff are nicer there)
Old 29-12-06, 10:17 PM   #8
hall13uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paws
and you can buy it from any hein gericke store (pref hg northampton as the staff are nicer there)
now you really are pushing it we are defo nicer but you are cuter
Old 30-12-06, 01:27 AM   #9
IanG

Hall13uk & Paws, are you two up for HG employee of the month or what

Not being sexist or owt (yeah) but the lady with the stragically placed cute tattoos wins
Old 30-12-06, 03:34 PM   #10
Paws

lol, no we are just having a friendly competition, seeing as mtr hall decided to ring me up and whinge at me

See hall, told ya that we are nicer than you lot....might even be able to get some discount sorted for these guys...

(Now its war lol )