SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 16-02-08, 04:39 PM   #1
I'm_a_Newbie

Default Throttle Sync Again

Hi All.

In a final DIY attempt to sort out the poor MPG of my K3 SV650S I have today again balanced the throttle vacuums and adjusted the throttle position sensor.

When I had the front head off last summer I attatched some small bore poly pipe to the vacuum nipples. Today I replaced this with purpose made silicon vacuum tube. The poly pipe was end of roll and very thin and floppy.

Again I made up my own manometer with polypipe, 3 in 1 oil and a piece of wood.

Today's attempt showed the rear vacuum to be quite high compared to the front so I adjusted and kept adjusting until they were even. I then adusted the TPS and then rechecked the balances.

All seems well and the bike is running really smooth. I really hope this is going to get me up the 120 miles until the fuel light again. Last couple of tanks has only seen 85!!! If not then all I can do is get it dynoed with a Yoshi box.

Tim.