SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Soho Massive For the London based SV owners

Old 22-08-05, 09:19 AM   #1
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Scameras hit London streets from today

Taken from another site .....

Mobile safety cameras are now operating on the roads in the London Boroughs. Clearly marked bright yellow and blue vans are kitted out with camera equipment able to detect a speeding motorist up to one kilometre away, in all weather conditions.

The cameras are designed to change the behaviour of drivers and reduce the number of accidents on the London’s Road. The targets set by the DfT for the London Safety Camera Partnership are based on reducing the number of people killed and seriously injured on London's roads, rather than making money out of enforcement initiatives. Regular discussions take place with London borough councils who make the decisions on whether cameras are required in certain accident "hotspots".

In addition, the London Safety Camera Partnership are continuously working on the developments of new technology so that where possible, drivers may be warned that they are exceeding the speed limits, rather than face the prospect of fines and prosecution. The strategy is to use all three "E's"
i.e. Education, Enforcement and Engineering.
Statistics from Transport for London’s Road Safety Unit show 280 people died in road collisions in London last year. A further 5,370 suffered serious injury.

Mobile Safety Camera teams will be working in the following London Boroughs throughout the week (Information from MET Police and TfL).

MONDAY 22ND AUGUST
Richmond
Barnet
Lambeth
Kensington & Chelsea
Havering

TUESDAY 23RD AUGUST
Merton
Hillingdon
Bromley
Westminster
Redbridge

WEDNESDAY 24TH AUGUST
Hounslow
Hammersmith & Fulham
Croydon
City of London
Waltham Forest

THURSDAY 25TH AUGUST
Kingston
Brent
Greenwich
Kensington & Chelsea
Enfield

FRIDAY 26TH AUGUST
Wandsworth
Harrow
Southwark
Tower Hamlets
Barking & Dagenham

SATURDAY 27TH AUGUST
Sutton
Barnet
Lewisham
Westminster
Newham

SUNDAY 28TH AUGUST
Richmond
Hillingdon
Bexley
City of London
Redbridge
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-05, 09:44 AM   #2
Red ones
Mega Poster

Cool - Barnet only appears on my days off!
Red ones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-05, 09:45 AM   #3
wyrdness

Do we know if they're forward or rear facing?
Old 22-08-05, 10:27 AM   #4
Moriarty

more info needed. Anyone else got any info on this???
Old 22-08-05, 11:04 AM   #5
Viney
Mega Poster

Er, Bromley and lewisham have had the safty vans for a couple of years. Nothing new, sorry. Mainly fornt facing, but are radio linked, if need be for *puts on best Rosco P Contraine voice* Hot pursuit!

Some use gatsos though, so just be aware, and remember, if you dont want to get cuaght, dont speed!!
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-08-05, 01:35 PM   #6
Fruity

I'm not even on that list, but it wont stop that lot trying to nab us.
Old 22-08-05, 03:11 PM   #7
Patch

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyrdness
Do we know if they're forward or rear facing?
It doesn't matter, case law has been quite clear that if an operator films the bike from the front and then records the registration number as you pass their word that it is your bike is enough. As far as I know this has never been tested up to the high court but it has been at Crown Court where the ruling was upheld.

IMHO it would take a very clear case, say where the bke in the picture was significantly different to the registered on to beat this and then it would never get to the upper court so there would be no precident.
Old 22-08-05, 04:12 PM   #8
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Sorry gang but this is all the info i've been able to find on this. Bizzarely it came off the LBC website. why they should be privvy to this info i dont know and they dont advise where they got this info from either.

Just thought it'd be helpfull for those that commute thru a borough or 3 on the way in and out to be aware of this.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-05, 10:12 AM   #9
jonhunt

we all no are roads and no if we goin over the limt and no wher eand where we can not do it and we all no where they park up and wait for us

so now the police want us to look out more for cars slowin down fast then them pullin in front of us

ur more likly to have a crash near a camra then u are ridein like a ****

everyone check there brakes are a ok
Old 25-08-05, 04:32 PM   #10
lynw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman
Sorry gang but this is all the info i've been able to find on this. Bizzarely it came off the LBC website. why they should be privvy to this info i dont know and they dont advise where they got this info from either.

Just thought it'd be helpfull for those that commute thru a borough or 3 on the way in and out to be aware of this.
probably part of the education part of that. and the freedom of information act would require boroughs/police providing that information.