SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-09-11, 07:11 AM   #11
dazbo

Default Re: Bent handlebar

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikill View Post
yours a curvy? pointy has a location pin on the handlebar.
I had the same issue. Over time I was getting real pain between my shoulders both on and off the bike which I put down to the slight offset of the bars. The locating pin on the pointy does allow you some movement of the handle bar but I am still not sure mine is right so I have bought replacements off e-bay. Have not compared the old with the new yet, still to fit the new ones.

Try adjusting the bar first, you have about 10 degrees angle to play with on the adjustment.
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 07:37 AM   #12
mikerj

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teejayexc View Post
You can position 'em where you want.
Only if you slide the bars down the forks so the locating pin isn't engaged with the yokes - the whole point of the pin is that you can't position where you like.

If the locating pin is still in it's correct place then something is likely bent in the OPs case.
mikerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 08:13 AM   #13
kaimera

just take off the clipon and check it.

had similar happen to my right side clipon, full lock had my fingers catching the fairing she was that bad.

changed it for one i bought off of here and yes, it was well bent down from normal but only when it was off did i see just how bad it was.
Old 09-09-11, 09:09 AM   #14
muzikill
Mega Poster

Aye, i think the pics prove it. No doubt it's bent. Im getting confused finding a replacement. Some people call it the right side (looking from the front out the bike) and others the left (as if they were sitting on it) !?!
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 09:16 AM   #15
kaimera

Quote:
Originally Posted by muzikill View Post
Aye, i think the pics prove it. No doubt it's bent. Im getting confused finding a replacement. Some people call it the right side (looking from the front out the bike) and others the left (as if they were sitting on it) !?!
http://min.ie/0eYC75
Old 09-09-11, 09:20 AM   #16
Bibio
Mega Poster

you always take the left and right side of a bike as you sit on it.

i have a pair of bars sitting in the shed. make me an offer.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 11:52 AM   #17
muzikill
Mega Poster

£23 quid from sv spares for the one... what you want bud?

Id rather replace it as i dont wanna cause a hairline fracture by trying to rebend it. It's too far out.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.

Last edited by muzikill; 09-09-11 at 11:55 AM.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote