SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

BSB & WSB Goto BSB Website
Goto WSB Website

Old 09-09-11, 11:43 AM   #1
paiste

Default JT52 Retires

Well I've been told the sad news that Jame Toseland has had to retire from racing due to his wrist/hand injury that got testing earlier in the year.

I am truely gutted for him and it certainly must've been a very hard decision for him to make. All the time I saw him in Indianapolis he was doing exercises on his wrist and was confident that it would improve.
I had quite a long chat with him about the injury and it's lack of movement in the wrist that's the problem. He reckoned he needed another 10 degrees of movement and it would have been ok. The throttle on his BMW had such a quick action to try and compensate for the lack of movement that it was like "230 bhp with a f*cking on off switch!" because of that his traction control was that invasive that it was boggin down out of corners.

I know there are some Toseland bashers out there, why I can't quite work out as from the five days I spent with him and the band he is a seriously funny guy, king of the one liners but more importantly was 100% commited to his racing/training oh and a pretty good pianist and vocalist
Old 09-09-11, 12:21 PM   #2
dazbo

Default Re: JT52 Retires

It's a shame to lose a Brit from the grid. The bashers will never take his 2 World titles from him!!

Good luck for the future JT52
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 12:36 PM   #3
husky03
Mega Poster

biggest mistake he ever made was falling out with colin edwards, since then he was never gonna last in motoGP, pity because at the start of it all he looked if he would be bringing something to the top class grid.Still a world champion though.
husky03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 01:58 PM   #4
LankyIanB

Top, top bloke, have spent many happy hours at WSBK races and at Crash! gigs with him. Really gutted that the Aragon injury proved to be a career ender for him.

Wishing him all the best for whatever challenges he sets himself for the future.

Paiste - is this the end of Crash! or are you going to increase the gig schedule now there aren't races to get in the way?
Old 09-09-11, 02:27 PM   #5
muzikill
Mega Poster

Will be missed until he gets a commentary job on the bbc?. I still think his biggest error was going to the gp.
K3 Job c.v: Engine:remove/split/rebuild/refit. Replace:Gearbox,Fuel pump,Gaskets. Piston clean,rings. Overhaul:Throttle body,Injectors,Brakes,Forks. Remove/refit:Exhaust,Radiator,Oil cooler,Throttle,Air filter,Tank. Replace: Oil,Coolant,grease,brake hoses & bleed.
muzikill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 03:35 PM   #6
Balky001
Mega Poster

I don't think it was an error going to MotoGP. He would alsways have regretted not trying. It's a shame but he hasn't been the same rider since his MotoGP injuries, even before this last one.

Good luck JT, see you on some Spanish Focused track days!
Old 09-09-11, 03:36 PM   #7
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Bloody shame
As he was devastatingly quick on a good day

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-11, 03:39 PM   #8
Biker Biggles
Mega Poster

Bad news.Met him at Ally Pally once and was very impressed.As a talented musician he will hopefully have a good second career.
Old 09-09-11, 04:50 PM   #9
Messie
The Teacer
Mega Poster

Such a shame, on many levels
Old 09-09-11, 06:04 PM   #10
paiste

Quote:
Originally Posted by LankyIanB View Post

Paiste - is this the end of Crash! or are you going to increase the gig schedule now there aren't races to get in the way?
I very much doubt It's the end if Crash. They'll probably do the same amount of gigs. It's just as much Paul who has a full diary with his other music work. Hope I can work with them again, I'm just Gavs dep for the fly away gigs. Mind you, not sure how many more GP gigs they'll get now JT isn't racing. Double b*gger!