SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 07-10-11, 12:07 AM   #1
dazbo

Default TomTom Western Europe Maps

So, I bought my Rider 2nd Ed. several years ago and paid for the full Western Europe map. Since earlier this year TT updated the map and now the full coverage does not fit on the 2MB SD card that the original map came on, so the map is now split (by the clever people at TT) into 2 sections.

Has anyone managed to get a larger capacity SD card working on their Rider 2 to get the full coverage on one card? I tried backing it up and recovering it to a blank 4MB SD card but the stupid thing gets hung up on the welcome screen when I turn it on, so that doesn't work...

Help please?
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-11, 05:31 AM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: TomTom Western Europe Maps

The sd cards with the maps on are coded, they can't be copied like this.

I've tried, mine was only slightly over so I deleted a couple of things I didn't need.

You could ask TT if they do a 4gb card and how you go about transferring your data.
Old 07-10-11, 08:24 AM   #3
Stuuk1

I updated my new one last night, came up saying that all of the data couldnt fit. Its backed it up to my computer and i just deleted some foreign voices.

Has changed the way you use the post codes now though. Before I could put a postcode in and it came up with the road name, now it shows me what i just entered and then i have to go search for the road name in the list...

Will have another play over the weekend
Old 07-10-11, 10:03 AM   #4
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuk1 View Post
Its backed it up to my computer and i just deleted some foreign voices
Good idea.

If you are short on space you can choose between Eastern Europe and Westerm Europe, and you have paid for the maps so you can swap back and forth as much as you like. It's only an issue if you need both regions in one trip, ie: you are going through Belgium or Germany to head further East.

If you delete unneeded voices, does that then let you have both East and West?
Old 07-10-11, 12:44 PM   #5
Specialone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuuk1 View Post
I updated my new one last night, came up saying that all of the data couldnt fit. Its backed it up to my computer and i just deleted some foreign voices.

Has changed the way you use the post codes now though. Before I could put a postcode in and it came up with the road name, now it shows me what i just entered and then i have to go search for the road name in the list...

Will have another play over the weekend
Mine did that, but go on the TT website and you can download them again, worked for me.