SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-11-11, 09:00 PM   #1
FG1

Default Question about Kindles

Just a quick question regarding Kindle E readers. Can two Kindles be linked to the same Amazon account. IE, if both me and my wife have one and use her Amazon account, will all books bought on that account show on both Kindles ?
Old 19-11-11, 09:35 PM   #2
Stingo

Default Re: Question about Kindles

We have one kindle so this is sort of a guess. When you receive the kindle part of the set up procedure is to do with which account you wish to connect to. I see no reason why you couldn't have two kindles from the same account...presumably both would then receive the same books. As I say though, we only have one kindle so it's a guess really.
Old 19-11-11, 09:52 PM   #3
DJFridge

I'm sure you can set up both with the same account in the same way as your Google account can be set up on more than one device. We have Sony eReaders which use an Adobe Digital Editions account that can be used on up to 5 computers and several readers (we've got 3 on there). I can't imagine Kindle would be too restrictive in comparison
Old 20-11-11, 06:32 AM   #4
Bluepete
Mega Poster

Yes. We have three in our house, only two accounts at Amazon.

Mine and Mrs BP on one, daughters on a separate account with military secret grade security systems in place to prevent her buying millions of books!

Pete
Bluepete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-11, 10:28 AM   #5
-Ralph-

Maybe the question which should be asked here is, "Have Apple got anything to do with it?", the answer being "No", it's then reasonable to assume that once you have paid for your digital content, it's yours.
Old 20-11-11, 11:39 AM   #6
Fruity-ya-ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
it's then reasonable to assume that once you have paid for your digital content, it's yours.
Lmao.
Never a truer word spoken.

(replied from my iPod).

Last edited by Fruity-ya-ya; 20-11-11 at 12:01 PM.
Old 20-11-11, 02:03 PM   #7
dazbo

from the Kindle FAQs

Can I share content with other Kindles?
You can enjoy your Kindle content on Kindle devices or Kindle applications that are registered to your Amazon.co.uk account. There may be limits on the number of devices (usually six) that can simultaneously use a single book. Subscriptions to newspapers or periodicals cannot be shared on multiple devices. You can see all your Kindle content and send downloads to your registered Kindles or Kindle applications from Your Kindle Library through Manage Your Kindle.
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-11-11, 02:57 PM   #8
FG1

Cheers for the replies guys. Looks like it's a yes to having the books on both devices then.