SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Pennine Massive For those readers based up north.

Old 13-10-08, 09:18 PM   #41
Jase22

Default Re: Catherine Wheel Safely Home Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
Cheers to Louis, rob and Jase who I rode with for most of the way and stood around talking to for a bit while we were waiting for everyone to come down the closed road. HA HA. A mini adventure
I'd like to say cheers to that complete random (on the Kwacker 1400 who I followed and then parked up next to in Settle, thinking he was with us) for not making me feel a complete nobbler in not realising he was in fact just out for a jaunt with his missus
Old 13-10-08, 09:27 PM   #42

Quote:
Ha ha indeed. Its was cool though. I cant believe none of us saw the sign... though we were motoring a fair amount . The foot bridge thankfully was very sturdy

Im pretty sure we must have set off well before you lot from Hawes... No one seemed to have noticed if we did or not.

I think my answers to Nemo were the best.

Nemo: How did you get that way so fast.
ME: Erm... Rode here.
Nemo: What about the road closed.
Me: Oh yes. I got my portable Teleporter the rear seat.
Jase laughs, Nemo looks at me funny.
Me: No there was a foot bridge... Used that.

I cant believe we waited so long What happened to Alex if he followed us, did he wait at the road closed sign a while? He took ages to get to the petrol station.

Oh well was fun anyways.

As always Dizzy nice to meet you

Oh how did the bike sound as I passed? I cant help but ask people.
It went like this..

I let everyone know at Hawes that we were leaving in 5 mins.. next thing I see dizzy about to leave.. being the leader I jumped infront as soon as I could believing all was behind, turn into the closed road to panic as it was shut...! pull everyone up and then realise were missing louis... greek and various others...

Decide to shoot back to Hawes whilst nemo leads all to Settle... to not find anyone, leave blat as a rather fast paste all the way back down the closed road.. workers dont bat an eye lid as I jump accross the foot bridge... blat all the way to settle...

nice roads...

just please all were shiny side up..
Old 13-10-08, 09:39 PM   #43
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jase22 View Post
I'd like to say cheers to that complete random (on the Kwacker 1400 who I followed and then parked up next to in Settle, thinking he was with us) for not making me feel a complete nobbler in not realising he was in fact just out for a jaunt with his missus
Im sure he was following me... You say you followed him into the petrol station? Im confused lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
It went like this..

I let everyone know at Hawes that we were leaving in 5 mins.. next thing I see dizzy about to leave.. being the leader I jumped infront as soon as I could believing all was behind, turn into the closed road to panic as it was shut...! pull everyone up and then realise were missing louis... greek and various others...

Decide to shoot back to Hawes whilst nemo leads all to Settle... to not find anyone, leave blat as a rather fast paste all the way back down the closed road.. workers dont bat an eye lid as I jump accross the foot bridge... blat all the way to settle...

nice roads...

just please all were shiny side up..
Ahh. Sorry At least you got a good blast on some good roads.
Old 13-10-08, 09:41 PM   #44
Jase22

Quote:
Im sure he was following me... You say you followed him into the petrol station? Im confused lol.
I don't know how I managed it either, I pulled up next to him near the monument. After about 5 minutes waiting and realising none of you were following me, that's when I came back. All good fun!
Old 13-10-08, 09:43 PM   #45
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

It was a bit odd that launch from hawes Alex, cause I wasn't one of the first to leave by far. I was blocked in by Jase, Vardy a couple of others and SimeB, at first I didn't see where those before me went as I had to let a car past, and just caught a glimpse of Paul6th on the corner marking(well think it were him) Greek etc must have been miles ahead of me
There were a fair few that over took me on the road to where we gathered up

ah well alls well that ends well eh?

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-08, 09:53 PM   #46
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
It was a bit odd that launch from hawes Alex, cause I wasn't one of the first to leave by far. I was blocked in by Jase, Vardy a couple of others and SimeB, at first I didn't see where those before me went as I had to let a car past, and just caught a glimpse of Paul6th on the corner marking(well think it were him) Greek etc must have been miles ahead of me
There were a fair few that over took me on the road to where we gathered up

ah well alls well that ends well eh?
Indeed. I think we all had a good day, I know I did even though I was the most off the track person there... ha ha, I went my own way.

It would be interesting to know what happened with us. I thought we were going to be followed, guess not heh.
Old 13-10-08, 09:58 PM   #47
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Indeed. I think we all had a good day, I know I did even though I was the most off the track person there... ha ha, I went my own way.

It would be interesting to know what happened with us. I thought we were going to be followed, guess not heh.

haha yeah look at that poor yellow curvy peeping in the background on the right, she had to wait for that lot in front to budge before she could get out of Hawes...lol

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-08, 10:31 PM   #48
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyblonde View Post
at first I didn't see where those before me went as I had to let a car past, and just caught a glimpse of Paul6th on the corner marking(well think it were him)
No one gets left behind on my watch (I must have stopped for about 3 corners, then overtaken uncle ste at the front of the 'slow group' before stump cross caverns since he didn't know where he was going. A few mins into leading, I almost took everyone the wrong way down the b6265, but frantic waving from numbers and me seeing the correct sign at the last minute saved another "oh shizzle" moment

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-10-08, 10:53 PM   #49
ThEGr33k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul the 6th View Post
No one gets left behind on my watch (I must have stopped for about 3 corners, then overtaken uncle ste at the front of the 'slow group' before stump cross caverns since he didn't know where he was going. A few mins into leading, I almost took everyone the wrong way down the b6265, but frantic waving from numbers and me seeing the correct sign at the last minute saved another "oh shizzle" moment
LOL. Like the blind leading the blind with that . Like I say though I cant say anything
Old 14-10-08, 06:55 AM   #50
Paul the 6th
Mega Poster

Quote:
LOL. Like the blind leading the blind with that . Like I say though I cant say anything
not exactly blind leading the blind. Maybe "The stupid leading the blind" lol

Cbf600, sv650, sv1000, gsxr 750 srad, KTM adventure 950, gsxr 750 k1, gsxr 750 srad, fazer 1000, zx9r ninja..
Paul the 6th is offline   Reply With Quote