SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Closed Thread

Old 23-09-09, 01:29 PM   #31
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Default Re: The site's U rating

Righto.. we had a power cut at work this morning, which meant that I've spent the last 3 hours running around like a headless chicken...

I've PM'd the OP of that thread and asked him to remove the photos, not nice viewing when I was trying to eat my lunch...

Remember as mods we do have lives so we cant always repsond straight away if something like this is reported

Ta

Fizz
Old 23-09-09, 01:30 PM   #32
suzsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Ralph- View Post
Separate user accounts also don't stop a kid jumping on your account while your out of the room making a coffee.

Separate account is exactly what I will do when my boy is old enough, but that's easy for me to say as an IT guy, my sister and brother in law with a 4 and 6 year old wouldn't have a clue where to start setting up different user accounts on their PC, they have chosen only to allow internet access when directly supervised, and in the next couple of years when the older one starts using it for school, they'll need somebody like me to go and set it up for them.
Well you should know how to, after all XP asks you if you want to set up other accounts at the beginning anyway. As for walking out the room, same as everything, Windows, L takes less than a second.

I really don’t see the argument, in the time you would have gone out of the room it’s more likely that they would have had xxx in the search anyhows….

Old 23-09-09, 01:32 PM   #33
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
I've PM'd the OP of that thread and asked him to remove the photos, not nice viewing when I was trying to eat my lunch...
Beans with mini sausages?
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
Old 23-09-09, 01:34 PM   #34
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_lone_wolf View Post
Beans with mini sausages?
Speical Moderator only lunch, I'm afraid I am unable to give away details of what exactly it was
Old 23-09-09, 01:35 PM   #35
hovis

Old 23-09-09, 01:35 PM   #36
suzsv650

Quote:
Originally Posted by hovis View Post

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 23-09-09, 01:36 PM   #37
hindle8907
Mega Poster

so if your sister cant put a password ..ect on she cant make a web filter so when the pictures get changed from pics to links its not going to make a bit of diffrence is it .
if they can click one link to get onto the thread then they can click the next one down .
2010-Now -- 00 SV650s & 00 SV650n & GSXR 600 K2
Old 23-09-09, 01:37 PM   #38
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzsv650 View Post
Well you should know how to
In that case you should know how to: build your next house and do your own conveyancing when you sell your current one, service your own car, dry clean your own clothes, repair your own central heating, do your own tax returns, etc, etc

Sorry it's ridiculous to suggest that just because you own a computer, you should know how to administer and fix it.

Old 23-09-09, 01:37 PM   #39
-Ralph-

Quote:
Originally Posted by fizzwheel View Post
Righto.. we had a power cut at work this morning, which meant that I've spent the last 3 hours running around like a headless chicken...

Remember as mods we do have lives so we cant always repsond straight away if something like this is reported

Ta

Fizz
Thank you

Old 23-09-09, 01:38 PM   #40
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Tricky situation from my point of view...

If we enforce it rigidly it leads to complaints of over moderation

If we enforce it with a lighter touch let the odd thing go through, we get are perceived to be being to slack with it.

Another one of those situations that nobody is going to be happy with...

The U rating is the most commonly and most hotly debated subject amongst the mods constantly....
Closed Thread