SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-05-13, 08:25 AM   #1
Dinglespeed

Default Stompgrips on Pointy.

Anyone got some of these , I was thinking of getting some clear ones for my white pointy but I've been told they go yellow after a while ?
Old 20-05-13, 08:50 AM   #2
stuR

Default Re: Stompgrips

Ive got them on my gsxr, havent ridden it yet so cant comment on their effectiveness. But i have found they have dirt stuck underneath all the way round, im not sure if its wise to jetwash it out incase the grip comes loose. But they arent yellow.
Old 20-05-13, 11:08 AM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

I've used it in the past, the clear needs to be applied carefully to avoid bubbles (the black you can't see them), didn't have an issue with it yellowing though; it was on for just over a year.

The other thing to note is it's not particularly textile or leather friendly, dependent on how aggressively it's used it'll "scuff" leathers and make textiles go a bit "fuffy" (like an old jumper,if you know what I mean), although it's good at it's job, so it's up to you whether it's worth it or not, at the time it was for me.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-13, 11:35 AM   #4
04tow01

I've had mine for nearly a year and have had no yellowing problems. They are really good at stopping you from sliding towards the tank etc.
Old 20-05-13, 11:39 AM   #5
dazbo

I have clear ones which have been on for going on 4 years, they haven't yellowed at all.

Probably not worth it for normal road riding tbh, if you do track days or push on a bit on the roads they are.
dazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-13, 04:53 PM   #6
Dinglespeed

Default Re: Stompgrips on Pointy.

Ok thanks for the pointers guys !