SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 01-05-09, 12:17 PM   #1
Ginger 1

Default CAR DRIVERS rant

What is it with people as soon as they get into a car they loose all respect for everyone else! As a motorcycle rider in London I not only get cut up and ignored most of the time riding on my wits but today I got abused for filtering thru traffic! Moving up to the front of the queue I got verbally assaulted by a red faced gentleman who informed me I should wait behind him and not jump ahead???? Now I know its not very British but im sure if his car would fit he would be up in the front too!
When I just similed, waved and gave him the thumbs up it just seemed to make him more animated! I would have quite like to have heard what was making him so angry but unfortunately I was half way home by the time he made it away from the lights!

Rant over thanks for listening
Old 01-05-09, 12:18 PM   #2
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Default Re: CAR DRIVERS rant

Brilliant!! Smile, Wave and a Thumbs up!!! Genius
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 12:20 PM   #3
Sally

Stop Along Side Him, With Dark Visor On, stop filtering, stare at him for a few minutes..
Say nothing, just stare..

Kinda freaks them out.
Old 01-05-09, 12:36 PM   #4
yorkie_chris
Noisy Git
Mega Poster

Or if you've accidentally fitted a race system and a stubby can when you weren't concentrating... back the bike up to their window and hold it on the rev limiter. Got a couple of chavs in a barried corsa with this trick the other week. They didn't look too pleased and I'd be surprised if their ears were not bleeding.
Old 01-05-09, 12:38 PM   #5
Daimo

See i'd have turned round and started an arguement as to why......

Don't mess
Old 01-05-09, 12:43 PM   #6
RichT

The worst I've had is "The Cager Stare"..... I did see one old dear start moaning to her husband in the passenger seat, but that's about the extent of it.

I like the smile and thumbs up routine.
Old 01-05-09, 12:50 PM   #7
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger 1 View Post
I would have quite like to have heard what was making him so angry but unfortunately I was half way home by the time he made it away from the lights!

Rant over thanks for listening
I'll tell ya cos i had a girl do the same thing a while back, but she leant across her passenger seat, did the window down 9cos i was on that side of her car you see) and said...and i'm not joking here.... "how dare you push in, in front of me, when i've been waiting here for bloody ages! Who the hell do you think you are pushing in front of me like that....blah bla blah"
Seriously, thats what she was screaming at me. And i mean SCREAMING!!!!
Just before the lights chnaged to green and i gave it a nice big handfull to drown her out and off i rode into the sunset. Actualy it was sunrise cos i was on my way to work but lets not let details spoil a good story, lol.

They're just so moronic some drivers. I think all bikers should be allowed to confiscate the licences of such morons on the road as a civic duty to all other road users.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 12:53 PM   #8
the_lone_wolf
Captain Awesome
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yorkie_chris View Post
Or if you've accidentally fitted a race system and a stubby can when you weren't concentrating... back the bike up to their window and hold it on the rev limiter. Got a couple of chavs in a barried corsa with this trick the other week. They didn't look too pleased and I'd be surprised if their ears were not bleeding.
even better when the exhaust is underseat like the daytona, just about window level
(⌐■_■)
Deal with it...
the_lone_wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-09, 01:22 PM   #9
Sosha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiderman View Post
I'll tell ya cos i had a girl do the same thing a while back, but she leant across her passenger seat, did the window down 9cos i was on that side of her car you see) and said...and i'm not joking here.... "how dare you push in, in front of me, when i've been waiting here for bloody ages! Who the hell do you think you are pushing in front of me like that....blah bla blah"
Probably new to driving in london. Have ocasionally collected weird looks in other places while in London commuter mode.
Old 01-05-09, 01:32 PM   #10
nakedblue650

As a little tip - to baffle and bemuse most people when using expletives, even the C, to insult someone always smile at them! They havent got a clue!

Good work though fella!

nb650