SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 18-08-06, 09:22 PM   #1
Vtwinlover

Default Is it me or are all Car only drivers C*n*s!!

Riding home from work this afternoon on a main road, having just exited a village. I was travelling behind a car and upon reaching a straight bit of road i overtook accelerating past. There was a car coming in the opposite direction but some way off & once i had pulled in i looked over at the approaching car to see that the guy had his hand out the window and wagging his finger at me. Now there is absolutely no way that i made him alter his speed or course, so what the bl**dy hell is his problem!?! Sure i may have exceeded the 60mph limit during the overtaking manoeuvre but what' it to him!?!
Old 18-08-06, 09:23 PM   #2
Carsick

Nah, lots of people are good considerate and in many cases, skilful drivers. Unfortunately, car drivers are in the majority and there are alot of ****s in the world, ergo, alot of ****s in cars.
Old 18-08-06, 09:24 PM   #3
valleyboy

Ive had that a few times as well... people sticking their middle fingers up at me after I did an overtake.. and a good distance before the oncoming car got anywhere near me....

Though I have done one or two overtakes which where putting it mildly.. cutting it close...

And have had cars do overtakes towards me.. where I have had to slam on the brakes.. as people dont realise that they may have a 1.8L car.. but it accelarates like a brick...
Old 18-08-06, 10:24 PM   #4
GregK2

Might have been that motion camoflage phenomenon (pardon my spelling), he may have thought you were going faster then you were.

Or he was jealous that he's been stuck in his tin box all day, and yet there you are overtaking cars and enjoying yourself at the same time! I can honestly say that I can't remember the last time I enjoyed driving my car, yet when ever I get on the bike I can't stop smiling, even when riding to work.
Old 18-08-06, 10:27 PM   #5
jonboy

It's just you.

Old 19-08-06, 07:12 AM   #6
TC3

My overtakes are planned well and no one seems to give me grief but my bro overtakes like a **** and he gets a lot of hand signals too.
Guy was probably having a bad day....why let it wind u up?
Old 19-08-06, 07:51 AM   #7
timwilky
Mega Poster

Ride like a knob you die.
You ain't dead. Ergo, you don't ride like a knob

I have had it a few times and also wonder what their problem is. On a bike I know I am vunerable, therefore I don't do anything I consider dangerous. Who the hell are these people that are such superior drivers they feel the need to make comments about others riding.

Then again, when I am riding/driving and come across a "self pleasurer" in a cage. I generally gesticulate my opinion of them. So pots and kettles eh.
Old 19-08-06, 07:59 AM   #8
Topaz

He's just showing how big his finger is.

It's finger-envy!

A.
Old 19-08-06, 01:52 PM   #9
Toypop

So was he driving at the speed limit?

I get a bit annoyed when I am on the limit and someone overtakes me. Overtaking is dangerous for both parties and it seems pointless if you are travelling at the speed limit anyway.

I know there might have been no traffic about but all sorts can happen - blow outs, chains snapping, bird strikes and other wild life coming out etc.

Normally though I find myself getting p*ssed off with cars overtaking me when I am on bike as opposed to visa versa. I don't mean hot sports cars either, I am talking about 1.2 Corsa's! WTF!
Old 19-08-06, 02:50 PM   #10
jonboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toypop
I get a bit annoyed when I am on the limit and someone overtakes me. Overtaking is dangerous for both parties and it seems pointless if you are travelling at the speed limit anyway.
Are you serious?