SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-09-08, 09:25 PM   #1
xXBADGERXx

Default Litter Louts - the danger and the horror

I was on my way home from work today and happily despatching cars on the A55 . The Sun was out and all was well with the world . I saw my junction coming up and moved into the correct lane to head for the final leg of the journey home . In the distance a Poxhall Corsa opened it`s window and the Chavs inside tossed out a half eaten MacDonalds into the hard shoulder . "Biodegradable (allegedly)" I thought to myself , no harm in that I suppose .......

Then , the seagulls swooped down on it , right in front of me were about 3 `gulls and a Black Bird . The last `gull came in for what remained of the spoils of roadside scavenging and it saw me and changed direction , it`s webbed feet dabbed the floor , it pounded it`s wings and turned back around into my line of travel . I blinked and thought "Uh-Oh" and ducked as far down as I could ................

Too late , there was a massive impact on my Arai and a huge "Squawk" . I felt like my head had been ripped off . In the mirrors a bundle of feathers flapped desperately to gain height and went on it`s merry way , and what do I have ? ... loadsa Pooh on my SV where the bird relieved itself .
Old 18-09-08, 09:27 PM   #2
Frank

Default Re: Litter Louts - the danger and the horror

chase them done and give them a badger slap
Old 18-09-08, 09:28 PM   #3
Mr Speirs
Mega Poster

Dude thats a lucky escape. My mum works as a 999 operator, earlier on in the year took a call from a motorist who had seen a pheasant fly straight into a biker. Hit his head sending him into a ditch. He didn't make it.
Smokey Black Burnty 02 - Racetech Smoulderlators + .90kg BBQ Springs, zx10r shockingly toasted, Conti Road Attacks heat up very nicely, R&G Crash Bungs but what f**king use are they, No Colour Matched Hugger, Flame Extenda, Beowulf Titainium Oval Flame Thrower.
Mr Speirs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-08, 09:29 PM   #4
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by gid View Post
chase them done and give them a badger slap
I was too busy going up the sliproad going "Gag , Gag , Gag I`m covered in Pooh"
Old 18-09-08, 09:31 PM   #5
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Speirs View Post
Dude thats a lucky escape. My mum works as a 999 operator, earlier on in the year took a call from a motorist who had seen a pheasant fly straight into a biker. Hit his head sending him into a ditch. He didn't make it.
Oh my ..... it`s scary what can happen when nature throws it`s penneth worth in isn`t it .
Old 18-09-08, 09:32 PM   #6
Foxy

Personally I don't like it when people chuck things out of car windows , why can't they wait until they get home or find a bin and dispose of their leftovers/rubbish bio-degradeable or not, it can be especially hazardous to other road users.

Eeeeeew you were extremely lucky that you didn't get more than just loads Pooh on your sv .

I hope you have cleaned the pooh off your sv
Old 18-09-08, 09:36 PM   #7
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxyinleather View Post
I hope you have cleaned the pooh off your sv
Immediately , before it had a chance to dry , inspected the Rukka and the Arai and found no un-mentionables on there so was happy with that .
Old 18-09-08, 09:42 PM   #8
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by xXBADGERXx View Post
I was on my way home from work today and happily despatching cars on the A55 . The Sun was out and all was well with the world . I saw my junction coming up and moved into the correct lane to head for the final leg of the journey home . In the distance a Poxhall Corsa opened it`s window and the Chavs inside tossed out a half eaten MacDonalds into the hard shoulder . "Biodegradable (allegedly)" I thought to myself , no harm in that I suppose .......

Then , the seagulls swooped down on it , right in front of me were about 3 `gulls and a Black Bird . The last `gull came in for what remained of the spoils of roadside scavenging and it saw me and changed direction , it`s webbed feet dabbed the floor , it pounded it`s wings and turned back around into my line of travel . I blinked and thought "Uh-Oh" and ducked as far down as I could ................

Too late , there was a massive impact on my Arai and a huge "Squawk" . I felt like my head had been ripped off . In the mirrors a bundle of feathers flapped desperately to gain height and went on it`s merry way , and what do I have ? ... loadsa Pooh on my SV where the bird relieved itself .
PMSL quality
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-09-08, 09:44 PM   #9
Ed

But was the poo from the seagull - or you?
Old 18-09-08, 09:46 PM   #10
xXBADGERXx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
But was the poo from the seagull - or you?
Well if I had eaten a family pack of Milky Bars , 13 Herring and Half a MacDonalds then it may have been mine , cos that`s what it looked like all down the side of the bike