SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-12-17, 04:49 PM   #241
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: SVBMX Build Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by svbmx View Post
So the suspension idea has yet to happen. Mainly because I'm holding off until I can purchase my own welding setup so i can adapt the exhaust system to route under seat at the same time.

But in the mean time, now I've got a garage I've been able to crack on with giving the bike a good service. New plugs, air filter, fresh oil/filter, coolant, clutch cover gasket + o-ring, carbs off and cleaned, fuel pump off and cleaned, and a couple new fuel lines too.

I also picked up a 30 quid cheap chinese special muffler from ebay (i added the akrapovic sticker... i know, but i dont care!), which i adapted to fit the sv at the location/angle i wanted. Actually really happy with it. I think it looks cool and with the baffle in its a touch quieter than my old muffler, which is what i wanted. Sounds pretty cool too.

Thanks to the new muffler combined with the long overdue service, the sv is now running sweet

i just got a black painted version of the same. they dont fit on standard link pipes e.g. Beowulf etc.etc was going to clamp it all up then weld it down the workshop but now i'm going to have to take the bike down to do it.

must admit they are good quality for the money
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-17, 07:22 PM   #242
tom_e

Default Re: SVBMX Build Thread (99 SV650)

The only problem with those mufflers is the bands and rivets aren't stainless so they do start to rust after a while, but apart from that for £30 you could do a lot worse.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
tom_e is offline   Reply With Quote