SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-05-07, 09:55 AM   #1
dmracing

Default New chain and sprockets

Guys, im after a new set. In your opinions, which one is the best? Where is the best place to get it?

I have heard renthal sprockets wear out quicker then the competitiors... is this true?

Cheers!
Old 01-05-07, 09:59 AM   #2
Baph

Default Re: New chain and sprockets

I ordered both sprokets & chain for my 650S K6 from B&C Express. I went up two teeth on the rear (to 46t) kept the standard front (15t) & used a standard length 525 chain. £104.

I can't remember if one of them is Renthal, but I think only one of them is. Maybe the front.

If you're going to use B&C, give them a call, it's far easier than using the website, and they know their stuff. Also, a 46/15/standard chain on my bike only JUST fit, but lots of room for adjustment

HTH.
Old 01-05-07, 03:43 PM   #3
jambo
Mega Poster

FWIW I would put proper steel sprockets both ends. There are some very flash sprocket sets out there but anything in anodised ally is going to wear faster than decent steel. Standard chain is DID. How you treat it should matter more than the brand....

Edit: The standard OEM chain from DID is endless meaning you either cut a link off to replace with supplied soft rivit link or take the swing arm out...
Old 01-05-07, 03:50 PM   #4
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Renthal front sprockets do come in steel most times.

But as jambo said steel will last far longer and looks nearly the same, if you want the fancy colour, why not paint it before you stick it on.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote