SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 24-04-17, 11:19 AM   #1
Blapper

Default Removing Immobiliser - GRRRR!

Hi Guys,

We are trying to remove a Meta Systems M357TV2 immobiliser that is fitted to sl0th86's K5. The reason is that his bike is flattening it's battery over a period of time. I found a 90mA discharge with ignition off when we fitted the freshly charged battery after the bike had failed to start.

I contacted the company and they said different people fit them differently so they can't tell me how to remove it and also I can't go by a schematic because the fitter removes the coloured sleeves from the wires during fitting!

OK, so I have removed the indicator flashing wires - all 'point contact' wires i.e. wires that have not been fitted 'in line'. I am left with FIVE (funny number) wires that are all the same colour coding (Black/Green) but which despite being the same colour cannot be connnected together (fuel fuse blew). Sl0th86 has posted pictures of the chaos that is the wiring of his bike following this post. I have a curvy - can any of you guys help? Even with one of those wires disconnected from the immobiliser (see pic) it still starts and runs, but I cannot risk a 'try it and see' approach to reconnecting those wires in some configuration in case I damage the ECM. According to the manual, the Black/Green wires only go from the ECM to the LCD display which looks like B.S. as I have five ends.

Also, that picture of a large Diode in line with a Blue/Green wire - what's that all about? I expect it is to do with the immobiliser so I will have to remove that after the above problem is solved.

Pics to follow, BIG thanks for your help!!!
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 11:20 AM   #2
sl0th86

Default Re: Removing Immobiliser - GRRRR!

Old 24-04-17, 11:26 AM   #3
aesmith

Have a look at my post from when I removed a 357V2 from my K6 pointy. http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php...7&postcount=10
aesmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 11:37 AM   #4
Blapper

That is DAMN useful AE, thanks. We are removing the entire unit and its wiring, but your jumper links give us a good idea on how to proceed. Thanks!
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-17, 11:47 AM   #5
aesmith

Hope it helps. The jumpers on the connector were just my way of checking before finally soldering the wires together in the loom, since same as you I removed the complete unit and all it's wiring. The picture also shows how infuriating it is that just that one connection is so difficult to track down.

I'm annoyed for not having recorded a couple of things like the colours of the original wires where (2) and (4) connected - from memory they weren't the same colour, and certainly didn't match the colours in any wiring diagram. (2) was easy to confirm with a meter as it was the only connection that shows 12V or nothing depending on the kill switch. (4) was piggybacked onto one of the diagnostic connectors, and the wire it was connected to went to the ECU only. Really I was only certain of that one because I'd eliminated all others.
Old 24-04-17, 12:05 PM   #6
sl0th86

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Have a look at my post from when I removed a 357V2 from my K6 pointy. http://forums.sv650.org/showpost.php...7&postcount=10

Any ideas on that diode????
Old 24-04-17, 12:54 PM   #7
aesmith

Mine had a diode which I ended up leaving in place. I'll have to have a look and see if I noted what it did.
Old 24-04-17, 01:11 PM   #8
sl0th86

Quote:
Originally Posted by aesmith View Post
Mine had a diode which I ended up leaving in place. I'll have to have a look and see if I noted what it did.

Thanks. Also, any idea what this is?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 24-04-17, 02:13 PM   #9
aesmith

From the manual, the diode could be to enable the alarm to power the indicators without that power feeding back to other circuits ...
Quote:
Connecting the indicator circuits (Blue wires Nos. 14 and 15)
Connect wires 14 and 15 to the right and left hand POSITIVE indicator supplies of the machine.
On certain machines, the indicators may have the effect of powering other circuits of the machine if the indicator switch is positioned to the left or right during alarm operation.
To check for this, with the ignition turned off, apply 12v to an indicator feed and switch the indicator to that side, check the other functions of the machine (e.g. headlight, horn, or fuel pump) to see if they are operational. If any other system on the machine is working, an inline diode (as supplied with the kit) must be installed in the indicator relay ignition switched input wire or the output wire from the indicator relay to the indicator switch. Ensure the indicators work normally when operated. If they do not, the diode has most probably been installed in reverse.
Old 24-04-17, 02:45 PM   #10
aesmith

I think that's the tip over sensor - edit no it isn't.

Last edited by aesmith; 24-04-17 at 02:48 PM.