SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 01-06-07, 12:49 PM   #1
Demonz

Default Insurance Underwriter Experiences

Anyone had experiences with Red Star Equity (through Brokers Motorcycle Direct) or Highway Insurance (through brokers A-Quote). Both are the same price and inclusions but wondering if anyone has had any good/bad dealings with either - just trying to make a decision which to go for now...

...and how rubbish are E-bikes quoting system now - prices have gone up a bit for me - £100 up on last year and £200 up on these others.
Old 01-06-07, 02:54 PM   #2
ASM-Forever

Default Re: Insurance Underwriter Experiences

Red star equity are my insurers through Carole Nash, but i havn't really dealt with them...thats what the broker is for isn't it . My accident was a no fault so there service remains largely untested...this post doesn't really help does it.
Old 01-06-07, 03:26 PM   #3
Demonz

No but points for replying - I cant be waiting for more - the sun is out my bike is out of insurance so i am going with them so i can go for a ride... cheers
Old 01-06-07, 03:28 PM   #4
Baph

Aha, but you see young padawan, you can insure with whom you like, ride, and view replies later.

FSA rules state you must be given a minimum of 14days opt out for insurance policies, with no penalties.

So, should you want to change insurer within 14days, cancel, don't pay any admin charges, and get insurance through whoever you want. They might take a couple of days to send you a cheque, but that's their perogative.

Still doesn't help much, but something worth baring in mind
Old 01-06-07, 03:35 PM   #5
Demonz

Not just a pretty face Baph - good idea!
Old 01-06-07, 05:20 PM   #6
Stu
Trinity
Mega Poster

Equity Red Star is my underwriter (note correct order of name ) Top insurer no complaints after my w/o.

NB. You deal with the underwriter for claims not the Broker IMO
Stu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-07, 07:58 PM   #7
Demonz

Thanks for the correction Stu - didnt use them in the end as i went back to Motorcycle Direct and the price had gone up £100??? Well the other one was £30 cheaper to begin with anyway. A-Quote seem to be hungry for the business as they beat my cheapest quote twice...