SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 15-05-09, 05:32 PM   #111
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Default Re: Brands Hatch (Indy) - Thursday 2nd July

Cazz, thanks for doin all this research first of all.

For me the difference in price between the on site and other options equates to about a tank of fuel.

I'm happy to go with the majority vote on this tho.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-09, 05:33 PM   #112
monkey

Make that two fence sitters.
Old 15-05-09, 10:10 PM   #113
Demonz

How about option 1 for £37.50pp?

http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/this...r_month=2009-7

You wont need to worry about transferring funds as we can pay individually on arrival - so long as no one stitches you up and does a no show!

EDIT: No breakfasts though.... sorry didnt read it properly so its only £42.50pp
Old 15-05-09, 10:24 PM   #114
Cazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonz View Post
EDIT: No breakfasts though.... sorry didnt read it properly so its only £42.50pp
Thanks for finding that one Grant. Yes, with breakfast, it works out as only £5 less than dealing with the hotel direct... But I reckon I could get the hotel to price match that offer if I deal with them direct as a 'group' booking.

Zig - I understand what you're saying about the difference of 'a tank of fuel'. I like the idea of value for money... but I also like the idea of everyone being in the same place for post-dinner drinks and brekky . So I too, will remain on the fence for the time being.

Mind you, some of the reviews on the website Grant pointed to aren't very favourable http://www.booking.com/hotel/gb/this...r_month=2009-7

(sorry - I don't know how to do that 'click here' type web link thingy on this forum)

But then again, country pub B&Bs can also be a bit disappointing, as we know! Oh.... I don't know. Can someone else decide please?!

Other people's thoughts...?

Last edited by Cazza; 15-05-09 at 10:30 PM. Reason: Further indecisiveness
Old 16-05-09, 11:20 AM   #115
Zombie Jesus

I'm flexible and will go along with what everyone decides though I'd rather avoid paying £50+ for a B&B room since I'm a poor student. I'd be willing to go in a twin to save £££ or to make arrangements easier if required.
Old 16-05-09, 12:05 PM   #116
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
I'm flexible and will go along with what everyone decides though I'd rather avoid paying £50+ for a B&B room since I'm a poor student. I'd be willing to go in a twin to save £££ or to make arrangements easier if required.
I can swap.
Old 16-05-09, 12:08 PM   #117
Demonz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raf View Post
Damn, I need to buy a set of leathers now, should have thought about this.
Raf - my littler brother left a spare set in my shed. He is thinner than I am so may fit you although he is just as tall. You can borrow them if you wish. I am saving them for when I lose 20kg....
Old 16-05-09, 12:17 PM   #118
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazza View Post
Zig - I understand what you're saying about the difference of 'a tank of fuel'. I like the idea of value for money... but I also like the idea of everyone being in the same place for post-dinner drinks and brekky .
yeh this is the most appealing idea to me too for the extra money. Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Jesus View Post
When i used to have to travel with my work colleagues we used to saty in Travel-lodges al the time. tehre would be about 20-25 peeps in total and we'd have up to 6 in a double room at times to save money, lol. Those were the days, booking ground floor rooms so we could climb in thru windows and the like. I person showing up to book i with 5 assorted bits of luggage, pmsl.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Old 16-05-09, 12:38 PM   #119
SoulKiss
Mega Poster

Well, pending there being a space left once the HUGE overpayment to Southern Electric is returned to my bank account, Soulkiss WILL be coming to the Ball

In Novices.

█╬╬╬╬()i¯i▀▀▀▀▀█Ξ███████████████████████████████)
SoulKiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-09, 12:47 PM   #120
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

Hey if you kwo they're paying it back then you know you can go ahead and book it anyway right?