SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 20-12-04, 03:30 PM   #1
alison_w

Default happy bunny

Well, took the bike for it's 8k service on Saturday - I can't believe the difference. It feels like a brand new bike. I guess with a 40 mile daily commute to and from central london it's been slowly deteriorating and I hadn't noticed how bad it had got - but now everything feels smooth, tight and firm again, I'm so pleased! Oh, and the baffle 'fell' out of my scorpion can this weekend, hee hee! It sounds lurvely!

Old 20-12-04, 03:32 PM   #2
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Default Re: happy bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by alison_w
Well, took the bike for it's 8k service on Saturday - I can't believe the difference. It feels like a brand new bike. I guess with a 40 mile daily commute to and from central london it's been slowly deteriorating and I hadn't noticed how bad it had got - but now everything feels smooth, tight and firm again, I'm so pleased! Oh, and the baffle 'fell' out of my scorpion can this weekend, hee hee! It sounds lurvely!

It's only an Allen Key bolt that holds it in. Do you want me to help you put the baffle back in?

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-04, 04:05 PM   #3
Mr Toad

Quote:
I hadn't noticed how bad it had got - but now everything feels smooth, tight and firm again

. . . for a moment there I thought you were refering to that part of your anatomy that was sore after you ran over that bump in the road

Old 20-12-04, 04:08 PM   #4
alison_w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad

. . . for a moment there I thought you were refering to that part of your anatomy that was sore after you ran over that bump in the road

ha ha ha! that is also, well, I dunno bout 'firm', but certainly better!
Old 20-12-04, 04:10 PM   #5
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toad
Quote:
I hadn't noticed how bad it had got - but now everything feels smooth, tight and firm again

Some people have got memories for the "strangest" things hey Mr. Toad?

Old 20-12-04, 04:12 PM   #6
Viney
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs
Quote:

It's only an Allen Key bolt that holds it in. Do you want me to help you put the baffle back in?
Oi you *Points* What would Mrs scoobs say if she heard ya ?
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-12-04, 04:15 PM   #7
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viney
Quote:
Quote:

Errrr....What's a baffle?

Old 20-12-04, 04:16 PM   #8
Flamin_Squirrel

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

She cant hear because of a noisy bike, scoobs removed the baffle.
Old 20-12-04, 04:27 PM   #9
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin_Squirrel
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

She cant hear because of a noisy bike, scoobs removed the baffle.
Not me officer! That's illegal and I would ne'er do such a dasterdly thing!