SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 28-04-06, 09:47 AM   #1
Khewett

Default Do I have everything now for a GSXR front end swap??

Looks like I may have sourced all the bits for my GSXR front end conversion for my K3 SV650;

A complete radial USD front end (including clip ons, yokes, master cyliner, calipers etc) from a GSXR 750 K4

matching front wheel in black with discs.

GSXR front Mudguard.

All else I require is a speedo converter kit (redial version) from the SV race shop to allow me to run the stock speedo from the front wheel, I assume that is how the kit works by mounting the sensor to the front fork and the magnets to the discs??

Is that everthing then required to make the swap? Appreciate any thoughts before I commit.

Can I use my SV front tyre onto the GSXR rim?

Cheers
Kieran
Old 28-04-06, 10:45 AM   #2
JanGoris

No, unfortunally you can not use your stock SV wheel in de GSXR forks. If you had an SV1000 it would have been possible. So you will have to use the wheel of the GSX-R.

Keep up the good works!!! And post pics and info from the progress...
Old 28-04-06, 11:00 AM   #3
Khewett

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanGoris
No, unfortunally you can not use your stock SV wheel in de GSXR forks. If you had an SV1000 it would have been possible. So you will have to use the wheel of the GSX-R.

Keep up the good works!!! And post pics and info from the progress...
I know I need a GSXR front wheel have that in my post above, am wondering if I can use the tyre from my SV wheel, I know its a slightly diffrent profile but it should fit?

The price for the whole front end is £800, anyone think this is a good deal, all the parts are in excellent condition?

the speedo kit costs $100 so will be a expensive project!!
Old 28-04-06, 11:50 AM   #4
JanGoris

Yeah, I have read it with one eye closed. GSX wheel // tyre. Now I understand. But is the tyre of a GSX-R wheel not another size?

800£ (1.153 €) seems a lot but may be quite normal. For a total recent swap (with GSX-R 2004 and later) I have seen prices up to 1.500 € and higher. Nice
Old 28-04-06, 12:35 PM   #5
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

The speedo kit which looks exactly the same but not for a radial setup only cost me $70usd, i think it was only a tad extra for radial and 6pot caliper setup.

The USD setup does get expensive especialy with later GSXR kit. Ive gone for RWU stuff.

The front wheel on the GSXR is 120 section, i am not sure of the height though.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-06, 01:35 PM   #6
northwind
Mega Poster

Stock for the GSXRS is 120/70, stock for SV is 120/60. Since the SV forks are shorter I chose the taller tyre to compensate.
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-06, 02:15 PM   #7
northwind
Mega Poster

Oh aye, meant to say- I looked on the SVRS web site a while back and the prices for this item were seriously high...
But we're oh so easily swayed"
northwind is offline   Reply With Quote