SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 17-06-10, 02:47 PM   #1

Default The Price of Bikes

has gone through the roof, and there impression is they don't want to give them away, they would

Triumph Tiger, £8599 on raod with "free luggage"

Tuono R £8100!!

I paid £6500 for a tuono in 08, thats gone up £1600 in two years

Told myself I would regret selling it, oh and the insurance for both has nearly doubled!

hurumph
Old 17-06-10, 02:52 PM   #2
Specialone

Default Re: The Price of Bikes

Quote:
Originally Posted by 454697819 View Post
has gone through the roof, and there impression is they don't want to give them away, they would

Triumph Tiger, £8599 on raod with "free luggage"

Tuono R £8100!!

I paid £6500 for a tuono in 08, thats gone up £1600 in two years

Told myself I would regret selling it, oh and the insurance for both has nearly doubled!

hurumph

They have gone stupid, i seen an sv in streetbike in halesowen a couple of weeks ago for £5700, good bike but aint worth that.
Thats why i was well pleased with my sprint, £7500 with heated grips and gel seat thrown in (still waiting for gel seat )
Old 17-06-10, 03:03 PM   #3
Bibio
Mega Poster

my k8 sv650 was 3995 the same shop they are now 4999 for a L0 never mind what the RRP is.

everyone seems to be taking the pizz with this supposed 'credit crunch' more like 'lets rip the public off crunch'
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 03:08 PM   #4
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
my k8 sv650 was 3995 the same shop they are now 4999 for a L0 never mind what the RRP is.

everyone seems to be taking the pizz with this supposed 'credit crunch' more like 'lets rip the public off crunch'
In most cases its the exchange rate effect prices too... every other country is pulling out of recission while we struggle along.

Its the price of 1000's that amaze me.

There is barely a 1000 under £10k now, I remember when they were £8k and thats only 3 years ago. Now 600's are £8k when they used to be £6k

The bmw is £12k and going above £13k after prices increase in 2011.
Old 17-06-10, 03:12 PM   #5
Lozzo

Think yourself lucky you don't have your eye on a Yamaha. The latest model R1 is now £12,500 as opposed to £9,500 when it was first released - you can buy a ZX10R and the best part of a KLX125 for your other half or kid for that money.
Old 17-06-10, 03:23 PM   #6
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by G View Post
In most cases its the exchange rate effect prices too.
thats a complete load of picolax. the pound fell a little, but so did other currency's at the same time. the pound has now recovered (to a certain extent) and is still one of the strongest currency's out there. but we are still paying post recession prices.

i think suzuki is the biggest culprits going in the fact that they doubled their spare prices overnight
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 03:28 PM   #7
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Quote:
thats a complete load of picolax.
Funniest thing I read in ages.

Carry on with your grown up discussion now...
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 03:32 PM   #8
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozzo View Post
Think yourself lucky you don't have your eye on a Yamaha. The latest model R1 is now £12,500 as opposed to £9,500 when it was first released - you can buy a ZX10R and the best part of a KLX125 for your other half or kid for that money.
But then you'd have 2 Kawasakis which is even worse than having 1.

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-10, 03:35 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoobs View Post
But then you'd have 2 Kawasakis which is even worse than having 1.
meh..

ill have anything at the moment, Kawasakis looked the most promising as they have a lot of thier bikes coupled with a 0% deal..

except they are all the size of a small shoe... and im... well not a small bloke
Old 17-06-10, 03:44 PM   #10
G
Mega Poster

Quote:
thats a complete load of picolax. the pound fell a little, but so did other currency's at the same time. the pound has now recovered (to a certain extent) and is still one of the strongest currency's out there. but we are still paying post recession prices.
I works with Quantity Surveyors and money men all day everyday and believe me fractional movements in exchange rates make massive amount of difference. The sterling is doing utter crap. These people are watching every penny as a job so I take their opinion as fact.

An example is an Oak framed school we were working on a couple of month back, the frame was coming from europe and was priced when the £ was strong, the final price for the frame and transport after the collapse was £3.2m more than the original price. Mainly because of because of exhange rates and partly material prices.

Now consider that the Oak frame was being used because Steel and metal prices are even higher and are fluctuating on even bigger scales... then consider what bikes and parts are made out of.

Last edited by G; 17-06-10 at 03:46 PM.
G is offline   Reply With Quote