hardhat_harry

Default Almeria 30th March - 2nd April FE

Who is in????

I am booking tomorrow
Old 29-11-10, 07:42 PM   #2
rusty76

Default Re: Almeria 30th March - 2nd April FE

Man, I'm so tempted by a Euro trackday next year

but it would take me six months of grovelling and good deeds. Not sure if I can deliver
Old 29-11-10, 07:54 PM   #3
hardhat_harry

Well its £449 for four days on track plus 5 star hotel, guaranteed sun and they transport your bike, toolbox and kit there too in that price.

Plater and Crafer are doing the instruction

Just got flights for £130 and a hire car for £50 for 6 days.

When you look at the cost of UK trackdays in the summer its an absolute bargain.
Old 29-11-10, 09:47 PM   #4
darkdreamsgal

soooo wish i could but already pre-planned so much leave that my new job (which i haven't started yet) are going to think i'm taking the p*ss!
Old 07-01-11, 06:02 PM   #5
N8te rider

So tempted. Got 28 days of holidays to use up!! If I can borrow their R6 I'm in
Old 07-01-11, 06:03 PM   #6
N8te rider

Hardhat, I've just spotted you on another site
Old 07-01-11, 06:09 PM   #7
N8te rider

OMG! Easyjet are having 30% off all flights. C A N T S T O P M Y S E L F F R O M B O O K I N G
Old 07-01-11, 07:24 PM   #8
rusty76

Quote:
Originally Posted by N8te rider View Post
OMG! Easyjet are having 30% off all flights. C A N T S T O P M Y S E L F F R O M B O O K I N G
Go on, do it

do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it, do it,

go on
Old 08-01-11, 10:08 AM   #9
N8te rider

Anyone taking a trackbike?
Anyone taking their family/Mrs?
Old 08-01-11, 10:42 AM   #10
N8te rider

Just read this from another forum:
"I have done Jerez quite a few times now and catalunia a few times. I personaly am not keen on useing Focused events for european trips, as i, and others i know have had damage to our bikes in transit. It is only bikes with track bodywork, but i was not impressed to find my bike had had a tyre straped so tight over the seat unit that it left the impression of the print in my paint! And it wont t-cut out. Also it cracked the fibre glass as i have a cut down subframe, so the rear section has no support. I did get a free track day out of them for the damage, but thats not the point. We were asked to provide bike covers, which we did, but obviously not used. When we got to Jerez, My bike was on someone elses stand, so had to prop bike against a wall, then search for my stand. Then all the covers were thrown in a heap, and when i found mine it was ripped! My mate did'nt even find his, and they had to supply him with a new one.
The moral of this story is to use TRACK SENSE. They are great. Took bikes to Kemble airfield, Glostershire (or they pick them up for you at extra cost) and the bikes are straped into steel frames. You then strap your kit bag with leathers, boots, back protector, etc to your bike. Also stands, tool bag, spare tyres etc will all fit within this frame. They then put one frame on top of another one, and then fork lift the two bikes onto a curtain sided lorry. When you get to the track, each frame is lifted off the lorry, and only you unload your bike, so no damage, and all your kit is in one place."

A bit worried about getting ANY scratches on my baby! She's almost new and not a track bike. Anyone got advice on this one?