SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 09-04-13, 08:38 AM   #1
Pricey12

Default Kawasaki 636 BH1 rear shock bottom bolt part number?

Morning All

I will be getting hold of one of the above shocks in the next week or so - does anyone happen to know the part number for the bottom bolt that I will need when it is installed to my SV?

Thanks
Old 09-04-13, 09:03 AM   #2
Serdna

Default Re: Kawasaki 636 BH1 rear shock bottom bolt

Even with the part number i couldn't find it on line. I ended up going to a local mechanic who ordered the Kwak bolt in for me. Even with the correct bolt it will foul the dogbones if you don't shorten it. Unless i got the wrong bolt. If you are cutting the bolt be sure to put the nut fully on first, then after cutting when you remove the nut and it will clean the end of the thread nicely.

If you are messing around down there for the first time make sure you do it back up with a torque wrench and some medium locktite. There was a thread on here a few months back where a bolt was overtightened on the linkage and it cracked the frame.
Old 09-04-13, 09:12 AM   #3
Pricey12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serdna View Post
Even with the part number i couldn't find it on line. I ended up going to a local mechanic who ordered the Kwak bolt in for me. Even with the correct bolt it will foul the dogbones if you don't shorten it. Unless i got the wrong bolt. If you are cutting the bolt be sure to put the nut fully on first, then after cutting when you remove the nut and it will clean the end of the thread nicely.

If you are messing around down there for the first time make sure you do it back up with a torque wrench and some medium locktite. There was a thread on here a few months back where a bolt was overtightened on the linkage and it cracked the frame.
I've had a read of some threads on here an it looks like there may be two different length bolts, depending on which year the shock is. I have a feeling I may have to find someone to fit the shock for me as I'm guaranteed to make a mess of it otherwise...
Old 09-04-13, 09:17 AM   #4
Serdna

Its not quite as easy as the threads on here make out I found(mostly due to the bolt cutting/spacing out the dogbones with washers fiasco), but its defo doable. If you can find an Organ with experiance who will help you, you will be fine. If you wanna come all the way to oxford I can help!
Old 09-04-13, 09:21 AM   #5
Pricey12

Default Re: Kawasaki 636 BH1 rear shock bottom bolt part number?

Thanks for the offer mate, but may be a bit far

May have to hold onto the shock for a bit when I get it until I figure out how to get it fitted.
Old 09-04-13, 09:44 AM   #6
jambo
Mega Poster

Order the parts for any ZX6R lower shock bolt between about 1998 - 2008 (I suspect up until current would be fine). I've installed 2 of these shocks in curvies and not yet needed to cut a bolt. You will notice if you put it in one way round it fouls, if you put it in the other it's fine (the distance from the shock bottom to the dogbones is not symmetrical).

Microfiche is here

You need parts:
92151-1601 BOLT,FLANGED,10X62
92210-1139 NUT,LOCK,FLANGED,10MM

Your local Kawasaki dealer can get these for you.

Jambo
Old 09-04-13, 09:50 AM   #7
Pricey12

Thanks Jambo