SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 22-04-05, 07:15 AM   #1
SVeeedy Gonzales

Default Mobile speed camera evilness

There's one along Embankment in London today, as you head west.

Just after the tunnel that everyone bombs through at 45 ina 30 limit, which is just after the gatso in the 30 limit, which is just after the pointless 20 limit with SPECS cameras.

Saw it as I cam out of the tunnel (first mobile I've ever seen) and thought - that looks like a gatso on a little tripod... right next to the white van... and braaaaake.

It's a bit scabby though, how many cars must get busted in the SPECS area, then once they pass the gatso they speed up, glad that they can once again get on with their journey, only to get snapped again.
That'll be £120 and 6 points today pur-lease!

On the plus side, the SPECS area can't do bikes, and has these great digital readouts that tell you your speed (i.e. tell you how fast you are if over the 20 limit) - I managed to get 23.4 within a few metres of launching from a red light - great fun... will have to try and beat my score as the weeks progress. I'm sure I've heard of people getting a score of 30 or more
Old 22-04-05, 07:48 AM   #2
twotime

*******s were on waterloo bridge lat night as well.....have nasty feeling they got me. After seven when everyone parks along the bridge, they ahd a little space halfway down wiht one of those vans where the rear window pops down and the camera pokes out. one of my favourite straights on the way home as well...hard left off the strand and power out over the bridge...slam onanchors and crawl past whistling.....

Question is how far away from you can they clock you? 500yrds? 1000yrds?
Old 22-04-05, 07:51 AM   #3
Viney
Mega Poster

More evidence for my not riding into londo anymore.

My fav tunnel in london used to be the Limehouse link
Viney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-04-05, 08:02 AM   #4
Sudoxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by twotime
b*stards were on waterloo bridge lat night as well.....have nasty feeling they got me. After seven when everyone parks along the bridge, they ahd a little space halfway down wiht one of those vans where the rear window pops down and the camera pokes out. one of my favourite straights on the way home as well...hard left off the strand and power out over the bridge...slam onanchors and crawl past whistling.....

They were?!??!?

EEEK!
Old 22-04-05, 08:08 AM   #5
Sudoxe

Quote:
b*stards were on waterloo bridge lat night as well.....have nasty feeling they got me. After seven when everyone parks along the bridge, they ahd a little space halfway down wiht one of those vans where the rear window pops down and the camera pokes out. one of my favourite straights on the way home as well...hard left off the strand and power out over the bridge...slam onanchors and crawl past whistling.....

Was the camera facing oncomming traffic?

And what time was this?

<panic mode>
Old 22-04-05, 08:16 AM   #6
twotime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudoxe
Quote:

Was the camera facing oncomming traffic?

And what time was this?

<panic mode>
i came over the bridge about 7.45 going south towards waterloo. camera was facing north, i.e clocking me coming over.

Question - they have the camera clocking you coming towards them, do they have something facing the other way to get a bike's plate as it passes?
Old 22-04-05, 08:30 AM   #7
Sudoxe

Quote:
Question - they have the camera clocking you coming towards them, do they have something facing the other way to get a bike's plate as it passes?
Yep i went over simiar time, between 7:30 - 8:00

i hope they dont
Old 22-04-05, 09:00 AM   #8
Carsick

Quote:
Yeah, the guy in the van.
Old 22-04-05, 09:02 AM   #9
Sudoxe

Was it a think van or could it of been an ANPR

Dan
Old 22-04-05, 09:04 AM   #10
thor

Evil!!!