SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 19-03-07, 10:52 PM   #1
Ed

Default Thanks John

John the admin that is ...he came to the rescue this evening - my bike refused to start. I was on the way home delivering a letter, and I left the lights on in a fairly dark street while I was yapping to the client on the doorstep, and in only a few mins the battery had lost its charge. So John came and jumped it from his car, followed me home to make sure it didn't stall, and then had a quick look-see at the electrics.

So thanks John, I really appreciated it. John's a terrific bloke
Old 22-03-07, 07:32 PM   #2
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Default Re: Thanks John

If we didn't help each other, where would we be?

Did you get a new battery?

Also Ed's Datatool 3 seems to be missing the in-line fuse that mine has. I'm wondering if it was integrated into the bikes own fuse box.
Old 22-03-07, 07:37 PM   #3
rictus01
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
Also Ed's Datatool 3 seems to be missing the in-line fuse that mine has. I'm wondering if it was integrated into the bikes own fuse box.

Indeed it is, all the triumph have plug-in Datatool systems and the wiring is intigrated into the bikes loom at the factory.

Cheers Mark.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 07:37 PM   #4
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin View Post
If we didn't help each other, where would we be?

Did you get a new battery?

If its a triumph datatool alarm then it comes with a special harnes to connect easly to the bikes main loom.

Taken from the T595 forum
Quote:
Reading the booklet they keep on about removing the in line fuse, with the triumph plug in kit there isn’t one, the fuse is the main fusebox under the seat . I think its number 5 from memory, although I can’t be sure. It is easy to find though, just take out each one in turn until the alarm (tamper mode) goes off - that’s your in line fuse. Follow the procedure in the booklet and it works - try it.
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 07:38 PM   #5
rictus01
Mega Poster

There an Echo in here ?
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'Wow! What a Ride!
rictus01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 07:39 PM   #6
TSM
The Sick Man
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rictus01 View Post
There an Echo in here ?
yeh well im in the triumph loop now , not quick enough you was not
GONE: SV650S K2 Very Bruised & Without Fairing, Motovation Frame Sliders, R&G Ally Sprocket Toe Protector, HEL 2 Line Setup, GSXR K1 600 RWU Forks, Barnett Clutch & Springs, Penske 8981 Shock, Gilles Ti Rearsets, Steel Barends, Scottoiler, AFAM Chain & Sprockets, Twin FIAMM Horns, Skidmarx Bellypan, Full Micron Zeta Steel System, Cut down undertay.

Forum Problems & Information / Site Suggestions
TSM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-07, 11:21 PM   #7
Ed

Haven't had a minute to sort the battery, I haven't ridden the bike since as I been out and about a lot, Brum today.

We hunted high and low for the fuse, it was a right PIA but at least I know to try the main fuse box I wish I'd never had the alarm fitted, complete waste of shekels.
Old 22-03-07, 11:28 PM   #8
Cloggsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I wish I'd never had the alarm fitted, complete waste of shekels.
Oh yes indeed... Never had an alarm on a bike yet & I certainly ain't gonna start now
Old 24-03-07, 08:45 PM   #9
admin
John T
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloggsy View Post
Oh yes indeed... Never had an alarm on a bike yet & I certainly ain't gonna start now
I second that. What a lot of buggering about when you pull in for petrol. Damn thing arms itself as your filling up.

I can understand a 2 minute delay to auto self arm but 30 seconds.

Going back to Eds problem. I'm not sure if he has a duff battery or theres a current drain occuring. The alarm was the chief suspect, hence why I wanted to try an experiment by putting the bike in service mode and removing the line fuse. I guess the alarms own battery would have drained down eventually rendering the bike dead. I guess a multimeter would be a better way to go.

Anyhow, don't you have a 12 month warranty on that bike Ed? Get the shop to sort it.

John
Old 25-03-07, 07:50 PM   #10
Beenz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed View Post
I wish I'd never had the alarm fitted, complete waste of shekels.
I can understand your frustration but having been a victim of bike theft I'd rather get the alarm sorted if I were you. Simple choice in my book, I'd rather have a bike to get the alarm fixed than no bike at all. Just my view thats all. Oh and use an Optimate or something similar to keep the battery in tip top shape.