SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 19-02-05, 08:57 PM   #1
Scoobs
Vipers Pillion Bitch
Mega Poster

Default Carb Balance and Service

Just completed servicing my bike (with the help of my good friend. Cheers Pete) and doing one or two niggly, fiddly things that needed to be done. The bike feels completely different (better)! Like a different bike.

Did the normal things you do on a minor service, oil, oil and air filter, plugs, blah, blah.

I also put a new seal on the clutch cover. Went for a jaunt this arvo and no more leaks. Hasn't been like that for ages. It's one of those jobs that doesn't reaaaaally need to be done, but you feel so much better when it is. One thing I did notice was that the O-ring gasket is a bugger to fit in the O-ring groove. It is slightly too big in diameter, so you think you have it in the groove only to notice that it has popped out underneath the finger you are not looking at. In the end I used a bit of blue Hylomar gasket seal. This is just sticky enough to allow you to properly seat the seal in the groove.

Also balanced the carbs. Not as much of a bugger as I had been lead to believe. I have rigged up a bit of pipe to the front carb (permanently) so next time I have to balance the carbs it will be a piece of ****. Won't have to skin my knuckles to get to the front carb vacuum nipple again now. The carbs were way out. Not surprised the tickover was so fluttery. You don't realise how bad it has become until you put it right. Perfectly balanced now and the throttle response is a lot crisper without any hesitation. Lovely.

I'm an expert now. Move over Sid Squid, Rictus and Embee (only joking fellas)

Scoobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-05, 10:56 PM   #2
Iansv

amazing the difference it makes, had mine for 2 weeks running nicely again...

can't believe I put up with it so long