SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 12-03-09, 06:22 PM   #1
kwak zzr

Default Classic Bike find in garage

spoke to a woman at work today shes about mid 50's id say, and she told me that recently her father had passed away sad news anyhow they were clearing his house and garage and found 10 classic motorcycles! these bikes are all from the 1950's some built, some in parts, she asked me how much i thought it all might be worth? how do you start to value something like that?
Old 12-03-09, 06:25 PM   #2
Spikenipple

Default Re: what a find!!!

'Ahh probably only a hundred quid at the most. I'll have them out of your way for you!'

My old SV

South & West Surfer
Spikenipple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 06:27 PM   #3
kwak zzr

thats what most ppl are saying to her lol shes been offered £2k at most sofar.
Old 12-03-09, 06:29 PM   #4
plowsie

Pfft, and the rest.
Old 12-03-09, 06:30 PM   #5
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Depends what they are and what condition they are in.

Kwak if you can get a list of what they are I can ask my dad to borrow his VMCC club magazine and try and work out some rough prices.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 06:38 PM   #6
ThEGr33k

Default Re: Classic Bike find in garage

If there is a vincent black shadow in there then let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM
Old 12-03-09, 06:38 PM   #7
kwak zzr

yea ok fizz thanks, all i know is theres a few 250 bsa's a few 500 bsa's and atleet one matchless, 10 log books in total. thanks for the title change
Old 12-03-09, 06:41 PM   #8
Lozzo

If they are BSA 250 C15s then she should be paying you to remove them. All scrapyards now have to be licenced, so be careful how you dispose of them
Old 12-03-09, 07:33 PM   #9
dizzyblonde
Da Cake Boss
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEGr33k View Post
If there is a vincent black shadow in there then let me know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM
My best mates dad had one for a few years...he sold it a couple of years back, hes regretted it ever since, and my mate wasn't impresssed as he was supposed to have been leaving to her!

Kwak, I'd be inclined to identify exactly what they are first, and then maybe get an auction house in to value them.....rather than just go errrr look in a bike book etc.

Hovis 13.8.75-3.10.09 Reeder 20.7.88-21.3.12
dizzyblonde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-09, 07:36 PM   #10
fizzwheel
Super Moderator
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwak zzr View Post
yea ok fizz thanks, all i know is theres a few 250 bsa's a few 500 bsa's and atleet one matchless, 10 log books in total. thanks for the title change
No worries, just the model's off the log books should be enough, I wont be able to get accurate prices but should give some idea of what they are worth.

250's probably as Lozzo suggests be worth much, the 500's will be where the money is, but dont expect alot, if they are basket cases, they'll be worth f*ck all there will be no way of knowing if they are complete or not.

K5 GSXR 750 Anniversary Edition
fizzwheel is offline   Reply With Quote