SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 22-09-16, 04:00 PM   #11
Bibio
Mega Poster

Default Re: Why I hate lycra louts

cyclists seem to forget that they have to abide by the highway code just as much as motor vehicle users.

what pizzes me right off is if they hit your vehicle you cant or is very very difficult to claim for damages. many years ago i had a cyclist run into the back corner of my car which left a nice big dent.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 04:35 PM   #12
Dipper

I get left hooked like that by motorists once in a while pushbiking ...never get a sorry, doesn't make me hate all motorists though...
Dipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 04:46 PM   #13
Dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
what pizzes me right off is if they hit your vehicle you cant or is very very difficult to claim for damages. many years ago i had a cyclist run into the back corner of my car which left a nice big dent.
You'll find most of the Lycra brigade are insured as they'll be members of British Cycling which gives them £10,000,000 third party cover.
Old 22-09-16, 05:12 PM   #14
pookie

on a side note would a motorcyclist get the same amount of distain? ( I include scooterists ) The traffic moved and he filtered back into lane. Nice shoulder check to communicate with the driver and he was moving with the flow of traffic.

also cycling uk members are covered by third party insurance
Now - 2010 Triton blue sv650s -Back to the future
pookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 05:42 PM   #15
Bibio
Mega Poster

i very much doubt that they were members of the 'British Cycling' 20 years ago but its nice to know now. only if they are members which i would guess a looooot of them are not up here.

and yes azzhole motorcyclists get the same disdain from me.

now having said all of that i can understand some of the logic that goes through cyclists minds as they are roads users and should demand respect like every other road user but i hate to say it most of the cyclists i have encountered have a one sided view on it. its funny as a fair few of the lycra gang drive their cars somewhere to go cycling but their attitude to other road users stinks, not all but a large majority of the ones that roam about the roads in the borders which brings me to another subject. why do they think that bunching up into a big group taking up all the road is a good idea? i can understand two riding side by side as its technically safer as its quicker to overtake, but a bunch of 20 or more is just asking for someone to get killed, they dont even pull over to allow a line of traffic past they just expect other road users to wait and in this respect they are worse than motorhomes or caravans which usually pull over, same goes for farmers. so why can the fekin cyclists do it........ if the lycra gang gave more respect they might just receive it..

there thats my rant over. oohhh and for the record i have nothing against cyclists its the groups of tour de france wanabeezzz and self obsessed azzwipes that get my blood boiling.
Old 22-09-16, 05:56 PM   #16
Dipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i very much doubt that they were members of the 'British Cycling' 20 years ago but its nice to know now. only if they are members which i would guess a looooot of them are not up here.

and yes azzhole motorcyclists get the same disdain from me.

now having said all of that i can understand some of the logic that goes through cyclists minds as they are roads users and should demand respect like every other road user but i hate to say it most of the cyclists i have encountered have a one sided view on it. its funny as a fair few of the lycra gang drive their cars somewhere to go cycling but their attitude to other road users stinks, not all but a large majority of the ones that roam about the roads in the borders which brings me to another subject. why do they think that bunching up into a big group taking up all the road is a good idea? i can understand two riding side by side as its technically safer as its quicker to overtake, but a bunch of 20 or more is just asking for someone to get killed, they dont even pull over to allow a line of traffic past they just expect other road users to wait and in this respect they are worse than motorhomes or caravans which usually pull over, same goes for farmers. so why can the fekin cyclists do it........ if the lycra gang gave more respect they might just receive it..

there thats my rant over. oohhh and for the record i have nothing against cyclists its the groups of tour de france wanabeezzz and self obsessed azzwipes that get my blood boiling.
Agreed, it's no excuse but I think that the bad attitude a minority of cyclists have stems from the bad treatment they get from a minority of motorists, unfortunately this does no one any good.
Old 22-09-16, 06:05 PM   #17
Bibio
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dipper View Post
Agreed, it's no excuse but I think that the bad attitude a minority of cyclists have stems from the bad treatment they get from a minority of motorists, unfortunately this does no one any good.
very much agree to this and it also applies to bikers. it seems that there are two ways middle aged men are going these days, pushbikes or motorbikes and even sometimes both. bored of video games, no mates and sick of being in the house with nagging wife's and brat children so need a bit of escapism.
Old 23-09-16, 09:24 AM   #18
Mark_h
Mega Poster

As a rider of a motorbike, scooter, road bike, mountain bike, a driver of a BMW and a pedestrian, I guess I must hate and be hated by everyone.

Life's too short. ****s travel by many means.

I hate celeriac but rarely feel the need to video it's knobbly horribleness.

EDIT. Didn't realise ****s was a banned word. Could have called them ****s instead. Wasted opportunity.
Aliquid prudentissimus delectabiles et intelligentes in adamasset lingua.
Mark_h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 10:01 AM   #19
ophic
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_h View Post
EDIT. Didn't realise ****s was a banned word. Could have called them ****s instead. Wasted opportunity.
As long as you don't resort to language like ####s or £$%&s

That might get you banned
Old 23-09-16, 10:17 AM   #20
carelesschucca
Mega Poster

Lance, chances are the ones you meet are from Falkirk BC...

sv650s (gone) gsx-r600 (gone) Street R675 (now living in Inbhir Nis )
carelesschucca is offline   Reply With Quote