SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Idle Banter For non SV and non bike related chat (and the odd bit of humour - but if any post isn't suitable it'll get deleted real quick).
There's also a "U" rating so please respect this. Newbies can also say "hello" here too.

Old 18-01-19, 09:13 AM   #6891
Luckypants
Mega Poster

Default Re: Gripe of the day - What is yours?

Unlikely, kill someone with a car and get 2 years..... Drink driving will get a ban, which will be served while in prison.....

My gripe, inappropriate sentencing in this country.
Snow Plough Appreciation Society - Member #3

Luckypants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 09:47 AM   #6892
Chris_SVS

1 in 4 drivers clearly at fault in cases of cyclist deaths goes to prison.

Don't have high hopes
Chris_SVS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 12:39 PM   #6893
Swin

Sadly true, if you want to kill someone, use a car
Old 18-01-19, 01:27 PM   #6894
Bibio
Mega Poster

ahhh now theres something the Gov can sell that we need more of... prisons.. the yanks would love that one...

i agree though the sentencing in this country is a joke. i'm not saying the person they are questioning is guilty and i would wait until the outcome of the court case (being charged is not a guilty verdict) but people who get into a car and know they are under the influence is pre meditated murder as far as i'm concerned and should carry a LIFE sentence if involved in a fatal accident.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-19, 08:52 PM   #6895
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Virgins sh!tbox routers and customer service

'Please be pressing the reset button for 30 seconds'

'So it's working now? So why do you want a new router?'

Countless critical errors in the router's log, wifi status consistently showing as 'error'. Oh but it's working now, so that's fine. I'll just spend the next 20 minutes setting the thing up again because each page in the settings takes 30 seconds to load, only for you to tell me to reset it the next time. God knows why they force us to use their sh!t equipment

Oh and I just noticed it also has 3 errors from 1970
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 07:15 AM   #6896
maviczap
Mega Poster

From yesterday, some dodery old bloke crashed his range rover. No one seriously hurt, but the newsgasam because of it. Reporters doing the story live from the scene in the dark!

Count yourself lucky you don't get the regional news, because this story lasted 45 mins last night in my region.

It's still going on this morning
maviczap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 08:10 AM   #6897
Seeker
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarrenSV650S View Post
Virgins sh!tbox routers and customer service
there is a sense of having tempted fate here. A couple of days ago there was a thread about ISPs and I mentioned that I was satisfied with Virgin overall.

Shortly thereafter my (wired) connection would blink off with a "no internet connection" message. If I looked in the Superhub3 router error log there was always this type of error:

2019-01-17 12:13:14.00 critical SYNC Timing Synchronization failure - Loss of Sync;CM-MAC=40:0d:10:16:e3:7b;CMTS-MAC=00:01:5c:79:d2:55;CM-QOS=1.1;CM-VER=3.0;

Best case it would blink back on after a couple of seconds worst case (only once so far) the router rebooted itself. This reboot is normal with a loss of sync. but the reboot takes about 5 minutes. (I timed it)

There are always errors in the log, though, even when it's running well, most are warnings but the critical ones worry me.

Virgin are sending someone round today.
Seeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 01:36 PM   #6898
garynortheast
Mega Poster

Doing my accounts for the year, fairly simple to do but I hate doing them. Keep finding all my receipts for fuel for the bike and it's making me long for the time and opportunity to get out and do a few miles on it.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 02:45 PM   #6899
Bibio
Mega Poster

virgin engineers regularly "snipe" the system looking for unauthorised access, they also update the system an a regular basis.

if your internet goes down and your router is blinking its lights then DONT turn it off/on as its receiving an update. it "should" reboot after the update which can sometimes take an hour to do fully. they normally do this at night but when a critical update needs doing they will do it at anytime.

some of the problems that can happen are people logging into their router to change settings "because the read something on the net" DONT. the only thing you should change is the UN, PN and network ID and PW otherwise stay out of it unless you are qualified. people also expect to log into their router via wifi and expect it to be fast.. ermm no, if your going to do anything then use a wired connection.

something else to consider when using wireless connections. the wifi cards/dongles dont last forever and a lot of the time problems you think are the router are in fact the wifi card/dongle. this is why you should always have a spare "test" dongle.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-19, 05:37 PM   #6900
littleoldman2
Mega Poster

Location: Cramlington Northumberland where we are truely blessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by maviczap View Post
From yesterday, some dodery old bloke crashed his range rover. No one seriously hurt, but the newsgasam because of it. Reporters doing the story live from the scene in the dark!

Count yourself lucky you don't get the regional news, because this story lasted 45 mins last night in my region.

It's still going on this morning
You did have 500 sheep stolen from a field as well. That should keep a certain "type" happy for a while.