SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Rideouts & Meetings Arrange get togethers and rideouts

View Poll Results: Which date would you prefer ?
Sat 23rd & Sun 24th August (Bank Holiday weekend) 0 0%
Sat 30th & Sun 31st August 8 66.67%
Don't mind I can make either 4 33.33%
Voters: 12. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29-07-08, 05:00 PM   #1
Supervox
No more Mr Nice Guy
Mega Poster

Default Supervox's 3rd Annual Rideout & BBQ - ** UPDATED **

OK fellow org-ans we have got to that time again !!

This years event will be a slight departure from the previous 2 in that - having spoken to some of you a while back & having had a general approval of the idea - we're going to make a weekend of it !!

The general plan of action is as follows :-

Saturday (late am to mid pm) : Rideout - I haven't finalised the route yet but it WILL include the Burnham Bends

Saturday (mid pm to ???) : Saaaafffend Seafront to take the p*ss out the chavmobiles & other general high jinks and merriment (Bear & Messie doing a tango ??)

Saturday (night) : Crash out at Chez Vox - tents be pitched in the garden (we have floor space for any who may not like the tent option !!) Mrs Vox has kindly agreed to send me into the attic to find our tents - we have 2 x 2 man tents & a new 6 - 8 man tent that we can provide if you don't wish to bring your own (or do not have one).

Sunday (am) : Traditional Burnham Bacon Butty Breakfast run - so that you can enjoy the Burnham Road for a second time !!
This will be followed by a nice run back to Southend Seafront for an ice cream before everyone makes their way home.

I have added a poll this year as I'm informed by Mrs Vox that the original date that I chose is a Bank Holiday Weekend and some of you might already have plans - so please vote as this is our best chance of keeping the majority happy !!

The meeting place will be the same as in previous years - the car park of The D1ck Turpin pub - this is on Southend bound side of the A127 between the turn-offs for the A132 & A130

As usual, all Org-ans are welcome & Mrs Vox will be at the meeting place with the car to take home any bags etc that you might want for the weekend but don't need on the rideout.

As usual a PM would be appreciated nearer the actual date just so we get a rough idea of numbers.

It also goes without saying (but I'm gonna say it anyway 'cos its my post !!) anyone who wishes to just join a single part of the event is free to do so.
Equally, if anyone wishes to stay over on the Friday night to avoid an early Sat morning start can do so - just let us know.

Hopefully it will be as much fun as the last 2 have been - see you there !!

** UPDATE **

Having carefully considered the votes cast, this years event will take place on the 30th - 31st August.

I'd like to start a little earlier this year, so how do people feel about meeting at 10:00am to leave at 10:30 ?

Floor tent / space for those who wish to stay over will be allocated on a first ask - first served basis - so far one tent space has gone.

See you on the 30th

Last edited by Supervox; 10-08-08 at 05:47 PM.
Supervox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-07-08, 06:46 PM   #2
Blue_SV650S

Default Re: Supervox's 3rd Annual Rideout & BBQ

Cool, once we have a list of attendees, I'll decide if I want to show. Its real generous of you to offer such a thing Sv!!
Old 29-07-08, 07:15 PM   #3
Devil Biccy

I shall do my best to be there as part of my catch-up of missing AR and Eccosse ride out
Old 29-07-08, 10:45 PM   #4
chris8886
Mega Poster

sounds brilliant vox. i can probably make either, but would prefer the 30th - 31st. either way though as mush notice as possible would be greatly appriciated so i can book the unday off work nice and early
Daytona 675: Arrow can (with a baffle that's gone missing in action....), quickshifter, shorty levers, custom paintjob
chris8886 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-08, 12:29 AM   #5
Samnooshka

We are a no for both dates will be away camping one weekend and at Mina's first dog show the next. Have fun anyway guys, there is always next year
Old 30-07-08, 09:41 AM   #6
Bear

If you build it I will come...
As long as I ain't workin' of course...
Old 30-07-08, 10:02 AM   #7
Grinch

At this early in the day I can't make any commitment to anything, but we shall see, I know I'm working the Bank holiday, but its double, double time...
Old 30-07-08, 12:16 PM   #8
Stig

All ready have something booked on the BHW.
Old 30-07-08, 08:30 PM   #9
laMon

I will defo meet you all up on the Sunday, whichever it is. Have to work on Saturdays. It's always loverly at the Supervox's so would not miss it for anything. it's been so long since I have been on a ride out it's shocking
Old 31-07-08, 01:45 PM   #10
Spiderman
Where the hell am I?
Mega Poster

I'll be there for the weekender and i'll even bring my own tent and sleeping bag

it'll be like a mini AR, lol.
AlpineCarStereo: you win ....... eeerrr ..... ummm ..... my undying support of you, the greatest Mod this forum has ever known. My Leige. davepreston: i bow to your modding godliness. vixis: He's this really cute Persian tea-boy, Im so not giving you his number :P
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote