SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Photos Place your images here. There's also a "U" rating so please respect this.

Old 19-01-13, 08:14 PM   #11
MisterTommyH

Default Re: OTaL: Picture Thread

Righto guys, first of all another apology for taking so long with this. I did mean to do something over Christmas and get the village tree in etc, but in reality I spent most of the time lashed up and without the camera.

The snow cancelled my plans this weekend, so it was a perfect opportunity to get out and take some pics - also took my camera with me, but can't use them.
First Pic: Hand over pic with Gary at Iron Bridge back in December - and thats the Iron Bridge in the background. Not bad for a December day, but a little wet. Found a nice little place for a breakfast (even though it was afternoon) and also found out that Ironbridge has 1 cash machine, which doesn't like my card. Short days meant that by the time I was getting back a smoked visor wasn't a good idea.

Second Pic: For some reason I'm a fan of pics with undulating roads through the middle and trees on either side - particularly with different seasons and lighting conditions. Due to the conditions I didn't really want to stand in the middle of the road, and didn't want to leave my car at the side of the road for too long. Quite like getting warning signs in photo's too. Especially with the red against the snow.

Third Pic: At the edge of the forest in the Cannock Chase Visitor Centre at Birches Valley. A bit similar to the first one, an avenue down the middle with trees either side. Quite like the relative straightness of the trees.

Fourth Pic: On the 'Health Trail' at Birches Valley - there are lots of sculptures off the footpath which are good to look at in different seasons and lights - including the three bears chairs, and the hair and the tortoise. This made me think that the weight of the snow had made the dragonfly sink to the ground - he looks a bit miserable.

Fifth Pic: The visitor centre is home to one of the Go Ape courses in the trees. Quite interesting to see it covered in snow - the man made against the natural.

I took quite a few more pics including the other sculptures which are on the memory card if anyone wants to look at them... but feel free to delete them if more space is needed.

Now I just need to wait for the snow to get off the ground so that I can brave getting the bike out and passing the camera on to Haircut.

Last edited by MisterTommyH; 19-01-13 at 08:25 PM. Reason: I can't spell
MisterTommyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-13, 05:11 AM   #12
BanannaMan

The OTaL camera is once again on the move!

Self portrait. Well almost.

Should have spent a bit more time getting this pic.
Didn't realise till I saw it full size after posting but this is really not a good picture of me at all.
Oh well. Me with wet hair combed back after removing lid.

Had to do a bit of hiking to get the next few.

Unspoiled beauty.
The Tye River, high in the mountains of Virginia.

Another pic of the Tye River.
Amazing the power and speed of the water here.

View from a peak near the top of Apple Orchard Mountain (4224 FT.) on the Blue Ridge Parkway.
At about 4000 ft. here and just over 1500 ft. above the valley below.

This spot is a local landmark, it's the highest point you can view from on the Parkway in Virginia.

Of course must have a pic of the SV.
Seen here at Otter Lake also on the Blue Ridge Parkway

Amazing the places the camera has been already!

The OTaL camera is now on it's way to Scotland!

"The Mountains are calling and I must go"

Last edited by BanannaMan; 15-04-14 at 02:58 AM.
BanannaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-04-14, 01:18 PM   #13
TamSV
Mega Poster

It's been quiet in here!

OK, so the Ecosse section hasn't done too well with the camera lately, but when we do an OTaL handover we do it right...

After reading the rules, I then had to do a selfie. There's obviously a problem with the camera. I tried a few times but kept getting the same image of this old, tired looking guy. Spooky.

For a local landmark, this is the Brig o'Doon in Ayr. Famous for being the site where Tam O'Shanter escaped a posse of bare-breasted witches. **** like that happens to me all the time. Click here for the full story. "The hour approaches, Tam maun ride".

Macro shot next. Here's a Lego Insurance Broker on a motorbike. He's got no hair and can't get his knee down.

Next I wanted a typical Ayrshire scene. I couldn't find drunk people fighting so here's a picture of Ailsa Craig in the mist. This is a big lump of granite from which all the Olympic curling stones are made. The picture was taken from Electric Brae - one of those places where your car appears to roll up the hill. It's apparently an optical illusion caused by the weird topography of the surrounding land. You can kind of see that if you look at the field in the foreground. A hill rising on two planes with a big dip in the middle.

And finally, my two favourite toolbox drawers. You should always try to make use of your personality disorders in a positive way.

TamSV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-14, 06:06 PM   #14
DarrenSV650S
Mega Poster

Well I was hoping to get some more pictures of my favourite routes but the weatherman isn't playing, and I don't want to hog the camera for any longer

First here is the hand over pic with Tam and me at the Green Welly. A very popular bike stop and cafe

This is Glen Shee just north of the ski centre. One of my favourite roads and some amazing scenery.

This private footbridge is a little further up the road just past Braemar. It's right next to a huge mansion that I worked on last year

This is the view to the coast from the Cairn o Mount, up from Stonehaven. Pictures never do this view justice. When the sky is clearer you can see for miles.

And as per the rules, here is my cheesy fug shot

And lastly a night shot of Aberdeen's council building/former college
DarrenSV650S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-14, 03:27 PM   #15
TicklinJock

Handover shot - Darren has created a really nice bike there.
[IMG]IMG_2531 by ticklinjock - the plough, on Flickr[/IMG]

Selfie
[IMG]IMG_2539 by ticklinjock - the plough, on Flickr[/IMG]

Local Industry - Relatively new - Oil - Rig maintenance on the Cromarty Firth from the monument on Cnoc Fyrish... and my other passion, mountain biking.
[IMG]IMG_2547 by ticklinjock - the plough, on Flickr[/IMG]

Local industry - Traditional - Glen Ord Malt Whisky - Still making it
[IMG]IMG_2553 by ticklinjock - the plough, on Flickr[/IMG]

One of my favourite roads - This section is between Dundonnell and Poolewe _ notice the pile of chips, getting ready for surface dressing
[IMG]IMG_2598 by ticklinjock - the plough, on Flickr[/IMG]

Local road signs merge into the flora. Notice they are bilingual, just in case we suddenly forget how to read English.
[IMG]IMG_2577 by ticklinjock - the plough, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited by TicklinJock; 25-07-14 at 03:45 PM.
TicklinJock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-14, 06:04 PM   #16
SIII
Mega Poster

Talking Re: OTaL: Picture Thread

My selfie at Grey Mare's Tale in Dumfries & Galloway

Local landmark - Talla reservoiur

Stop off for lunch !!!

My youngest fitting tyre warmers at Croft trackday

Otter's Pool, a stop off on The Raiders Road, which runs thru the Galloway Forest, big traillie bikes only!
Old 19-10-14, 08:20 PM   #17
andrewsmith
Mega Poster

Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, Just south of salad dodging country

Time for the Camera to do Northern England Broke the rules on 5

The camera came by post from SIII

The requried selfie (it was fecking windy where is was taken)

Where the selfie was taken

This was the busiest it was all day

Teaser of the road to the lakes

Some of the org will know these spots

LOM you next?

Every year we meet old friends, gain some new ones, lose old ones and you always remember them all.
“Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” Mahatma Gandhi

Last edited by andrewsmith; 19-10-14 at 08:28 PM.
andrewsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-14, 06:52 PM   #18
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

The Hand over photo

more to follow

Beamish Local Fantastic day out for all the Family.

Ulpha, In the Lake District.

My old Haunt from my childhood, lost count of the times I've climbed this bloody big Hill, 30 foot from being a Mountain poor ol Girl.
Black Combe.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2722.jpg (42.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2738.jpg (63.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2747.jpg (60.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Black Combe Pano small.jpg (54.0 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by Richie; 05-11-14 at 04:59 PM.
Richie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-15, 11:39 AM   #19
Richie
fantabulas
Mega Poster

The Camera is on the move again.
Hand over in Northallerton to PunyXpress aka David

Attached Images
File Type: jpg OTAL.jpg (131.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 09-01-16, 06:36 PM   #20
garynortheast
Mega Poster

The camera arrived with me in the post, sent down by punyXpress (thanks David) so this was the closest I could get to a handover pic. I combined it with a selfportrait. Who is that ugly old geezer staring back at me and why does he have a camera?

The river (afon Efyrnwy) which runs through our village has been really fierce over the last couple of months and fuller for longer than I can recall since coming to live in this part of the world 30 years ago. There is a weir with a turbine which produces electricity just below the village. This picture was taken late one afternoon when the river was absolutely raging.

We have no broadband down the phone lines here and BT have no intention of providing any for us as we are a village of just 25 houses with some 12 miles of phone line between us and the nearest cabinet. A group of us got together about 6 years ago and put together a community wireless broadband network. It's maintained by volunteers and currently a friend and I are the main administrators. Some of the kit on the network is now showing its age and the network itself needs restructuring so we are in the process of a complete redesign and rebuild. This is one of the new transmitters we are putting up.

And turning around 180 degrees gives this view.

A few years ago the Powys Eisteddfod was held in Llanfair Caereinion. My twin daughters were asked to be the flower maids, being told repeatedly that it was a "great honour" to be chosen. In fact they hated doing it! This is a picture of Sioned and Eleri with Mabel in the circle of gorsedd stones which was the scene of their discomfort and disgruntlement 3 or 4 years ago.

How about that then? Not a motorbike to be seen!

Last edited by garynortheast; 09-01-16 at 06:56 PM.
garynortheast is online now   Reply With Quote