SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Track Days Post up here about trackdays

Old 14-05-13, 09:27 AM   #1
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Default Which organisers do days at 3sisters and oulton?

As title really,

Finishing work end of June and thought I'd keep an eye out for spare slots if it's going to be a good day when I'm off, so last minute kind of thing.

Just wondering who to look for as the 3 sisters site doesn't tell you much, although I'm pretty sure Oulton links through to organisers sites.

Ste
BoltonSte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-13, 09:52 AM   #2
M65

Default Re: Which organisers do days at 3sisters and oulton?

I think 3 Sisters just do their own, but you might need someone else to confirm that. They have a Tuesday offer where you can turn up, pay, do 20 minutes or something and then repeat if you want. Have a look for it on their website.

As for Oulton, I think all the major organisers run events. Check out Focused Events, No Limits and Hot Tracks.
Old 14-05-13, 09:54 AM   #3
dirtyred619

3 Sisters do the turn up and ride charity rides. SOmething like a £5 for 3 laps or a £10 for 7 laps. I've only just found that out this morning, think I'll be doing it at some point to see if track days are for me.
Old 14-05-13, 07:10 PM   #4
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by M65 View Post
I think 3 Sisters just do their own, but you might need someone else to confirm that.
Looks like you have to hire the track

They have a Tuesday offer where you can turn up, pay, do 20 minutes or something and then repeat if you want. Have a look for it on their website.

As for Oulton, I think all the major organisers run events. Check out Focused Events, No Limits and Hot Tracks. I'll have a look
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtyred619 View Post
3 Sisters do the turn up and ride charity rides. SOmething like a £5 for 3 laps or a £10 for 7 laps. I've only just found that out this morning, think I'll be doing it at some point to see if track days are for me.
From 3-sisters:
Charity Ride Outs – these are run on the second Tuesday of each month from March to November and normally start between 14:00 and 15:00. They are open to anyone who has road legal motorbike and a full bike licence, which you have to show on day. No need to pre-book, just turn up and pay on the day. It costs £10 for 7 laps of the circuit and you can do as many laps as you want. Full safety equipment is required (helmet, leathers, gloves). All money raised goes to The Three Sisters Charity to help local community groups. The charity has purchased some two seater karts for use with disabled people.
Old 15-05-13, 04:03 PM   #5
Whitty

Also acu license holders test days on Friday before race meetings. Book through 3 sisters. 2hr open pit lane sessions, can book as you like. It's exhausting there though, beware! I know as I race there with Preston and district club. From what I saw on youtube charity ride days don't use full circuit. Some lad was bragging about mega lap times on FB that sounded implausabke for a novice on a road bike 4 stroke Oulton bookings taken by various companies.
Old 16-05-13, 09:25 AM   #6
BoltonSte
Mega Poster

Whitty...the closest thing I have to ACU is the gold sticker on the back of my Shoei.

Thanks for the info though. Think I'm going to head on over to 3-sisters for the charity rides for a few before I hit the Snettertn day I have booked in August.
Old 16-05-13, 09:50 AM   #7
EssexDave

You can book oulton through MSV I believe
Old 17-05-13, 08:57 AM   #8
Whitty

Don't know why but I find oulton bit boring. Some people love it, I'd rather travel more than twice the distance to cadwell for the adrenaline. Plus oulton is a rip off in full price season, cadwell is usually about £70 cheaper!
Old 17-05-13, 11:20 AM   #9
M65

I quite enjoy Oulton, but Im doing Cadwell for the 1st time in July. Hope its as exciting as you say. It sure looks it from some of the YouTube videos Ive been watching to try and learn the track a little.
Old 17-05-13, 02:34 PM   #10
Whitty

You'll love it, if you don't you ain't a biker! I'm going to put a couple if pics on later from 2 week ago to show what I mean.