SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

SV Talk, Tuning & Tweaking Discussion and chat on all topics and technical stuff related to the SV650 and SV1000
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 25-08-14, 07:57 PM   #41
Heorot

Default Re: SV buying advice?

I had a test ride on a late model Bandit. The engine is so much smoother than the SV650 v-twin. However, you would have to use the brakes more often because there's little engine braking.

Honda 125 CG blown engine Gone to the great mechanic in the sky
Naked SV650 K3 in Silver
Heorot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-14, 08:06 PM   #42
LiquidFlux

That'd be because the Bandit is an inline-four, unlike the SV's V-twin configuration.
Old 26-08-14, 01:04 PM   #43
JulesW

The SV650 is a cracking machine that does most things rather well. One gripe I have with this model is the poor paint finish. My fairings have picked up a ton of small stone chips (damn that loose chipping and tar road re-surfacing), also the paint on the frame and forks is very thin. That said, as a budget bike they perform above their cash value price. I paid £1850 for an SV650SK6 and got a lot of bike for the money. I believe the K7 and onwards got twin spark plugs per cylinder making them about 15%-20% more fuel efficient, in hindsight I should've gone for a K7 or K8 and enjoyed the same bike but with better mpg.