SV650.org - SV650 & Gladius 650 Forum

Bikes - Talk & Issues Newsworthy and topical general biking and bike related issues. No crapola!
Need Help: Try Searching before posting

Old 14-09-16, 08:06 PM   #11
nathcarr

Default Re: Chain and sprockets upgrade suggestions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davemurphy007 View Post
Fitted a DID naked sprocket and chain set to my curvy. 1 tooth extra on the rear makes a nice difference. Much punchier through the midrange. Highly recommended.

Thanks for your reply mate, my mate who's also a bike mechanic phoned me today and told me the chain and sprockets are here, I got the DID kit in the end and I'm now very looking forward to getting it fit and seeing what it's like, if your saying 1 tooth extra was punchier I'm looking forward to seeing how much difference 2 makes . He's gonna fit them for me next Tuesday, I can't wait, I normally do them myself but i don't have a chain rivetor and he has all the tools plus it's getting couple extra jobs done.

I'll let you know how I get on with it and how it feels

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21-09-16, 07:13 PM   #12
nathcarr

So just for anyone who is interested in changing there hearing set up, I've just picked the sv up from my mates and he's done the chain and sprockets for me it now has a 47 rear instead of a 44 and oh my , it seems so much quicker now pulling away, I was just cruising in 5th and it had so much more pull when I went to overtake on the bypass, I haven't had much of a play about yet as it's like throwing it down but as soon as it dries up I'll give it a real test

Old 22-09-16, 08:07 AM   #13
Blapper

I find the standard S gearing to be buzzy enough for me, so I will stick to changing down for better acceleration Nath. A 7th gear would be handy.
Blapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 03:44 PM   #14
Bibio
Mega Poster

i run 16/45 but i'm not riding in stop/start city traffic or doing much car hopping (nice open twisty roads up here in Scotland). was running 16/44 and it was a bit pushy into corners but the extra tooth on the back seems to be just the ticket. yes i sometimes get caught out and have to change down another gear on corner entry but its no biggie.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-09-16, 09:53 PM   #15
nathcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blapper View Post
I find the standard S gearing to be buzzy enough for me, so I will stick to changing down for better acceleration Nath. A 7th gear would be handy.

Your right about the 7th gear mate I often find myself looking for it , so will be even more now but for the riding I do I'm hoping this will be the right set up all going well so far with it anyway

Old 22-09-16, 09:55 PM   #16
nathcarr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibio View Post
i run 16/45 but i'm not riding in stop/start city traffic or doing much car hopping (nice open twisty roads up here in Scotland). was running 16/44 and it was a bit pushy into corners but the extra tooth on the back seems to be just the ticket. yes i sometimes get caught out and have to change down another gear on corner entry but its no biggie.

Where about in Scotland you at mate some lovely roads up there I just live under the border so often tripping up to Scotland for ride outs gonna do Saint Mary's loch in s few weeks hopefully

Old 23-09-16, 12:13 AM   #17
Bibio
Mega Poster

i'm in Fife but my sunday runs consist of as far north as Grantown on Spay and as far south as Hartside. St Marys and the borders is a my playground. Fletchers in Selkirk is our usual starting point when i'm down that way.

i wont see out the door for 3 weeks at the mo so for me there is not much left of the season as i dont do winter.
Bibio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-09-16, 06:11 AM   #18
nathcarr

Ahhh kool man , we were all just up hart side on Sunday morning there for Suzuki demo weekend was a good was totally packed out well over 100 bikes,

I'm the same really don't do much of the winter but I'll go out if I have to because I went from 16 to 22 without a car and my bike was my only mode of transport so I'm pretty used to it but became a bit soft now that I have use of a car haha